Help Wanted

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
And not the mental help we all know I need.

Rather, by popular demand from all the people wanting to help brandish a single player Infiltration experience like Ron Jeremy brandishes his money shooter, I am posting a map-maker's map making request in the mapping forum to ask for a map maker to make maps.

So if you think you're good enough, have enough skills, and are ugly enough (note: ugly not prerequisite,) you too can lend your l33t m4pp1ng sk1llz to make a demo level for us to flaunt in front of the infiltration team, while we invent gregorian chants and giggle like school girls.

Yes, you too can have all the praise associated with Innox's CTF-Face or any of Jeff K.'s l33t m4pz.

Yes children and adults, Uncle Sam needs you, but I need you more, so tell that white bearded old bastard just where he can stuff his stars'n'stripes hat, and jump aboard the ho train (note: train not actually filled with hos.)

If anybody's up to the challenge, I invite you to mail me by clicking that "mail" link thingy above my post and saying "yes, mr. smarty man, I am interested in making maps", and then I will say "good for you, gimpy, send me a demo map that you've made and we'll see if you make the cut", though my actual reply will probably be alot less rude and contain less instances of the word gimp.

If you don't mind, I'm going back to lying on the floor and sleeping off my hangover.

Andirez

push the limits
Jan 23, 2000
Belgium
www.planetunreal.com
I've been checking out the music part, and man, UT has a very difficult soundengine. If you play to many notes to close together in the same channel, you just get more clicks then when you're shooting with an empty clip.
Also gating doesn't sound like it should IMHO.

Maybe I'd better be a mapper (looks like we need one, really hard) but I certainly can't do this alone. SO PEOPLE RISE AND JOIN THIS GREAT PROJECT !!!!!!!!

For the music : There are alot of already finished cool tracked songs out there. We can always mail to the author and ask them if we can use them. I'll try to finish something but don't coun't on it, I just can't seem to get the hang of the UT music system. It sounds pretty cool in IT, but in UT it just sucks.

------------------
Name : Andirez

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Wow, people responded =).

Hey man, thanks.

Yiah, if anybody wants to send me a demo map or anything, to give "the great story" a go, give it a shot.

An office complex or a suburban area would be appreciated, though any map showing off your mad crazy skillz will do. Thanks.

Andirez

push the limits
Jan 23, 2000
Belgium
www.planetunreal.com
How big do you want to make this single player episode ?

Wouldn't it be a good idea to use already existing maps (there are a lot of good realmaps at {you never guess this} realmaps).
You can contact the authors and ask if you may use them, maybe altering a bit here and there to better fit the story. This way you can make a storyline throughout the levels you have choosen.

If you want to build every location in your story from scratch, it going to take a couple of months (at least) completing this.

It's just a thought, think about it Bad.Mojo

------------------
Name : Andirez

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Well the point would be I wouldn't want to release the SP until 3.0 anyways, so a couple of months is cool. The problem about using existing maps is 1) must add triggers and 2) it sorta takes away the true love of the game.