First production game to use UE3?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT_cyberg][dan

Apr 2, 2000
www.catapultic.com
I'm just curious what titles have been announced that are going to use Unreal Engine 3.0 and around what time we can expect to see them on the shelves. I'm trying to schedule my upgrade to PCI-Express video cards :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yah no games that are definitely using UE3 have been announced as of today.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
I read at the Epic site that (I believe it was Info games) that is taking their focus away from Unreal and moving on to other stuff. I really can’t believe this is even happening. Who wants to forget unreal? :(

The real question is: will these new game titles still be providing the same Editor that we have always grown to love, or will it be modified or missing things? The demos looked amazing but there is no telling what the developers will actually give us in the final package.

I don't know how I should feel right now.

Last edited:

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Ya, who is to say these other companies are not going to modify the hell out of it: They can do that you know!

I want unreal to always be here. I want the memory to live on.
Even with all the new technology I still look back at the original Unreal 1, The game.
The aerie sounds in the night of a distance world, that game did something to me.
There is something inside me when I look back on it, those people who worked on Unreal 1 (not with Epic anymore) were on a different level. They were thinking out of the box.

Unreal will never be forgotten. The whole Unreal II thing just sucked.
I wish I had the money to buy a license from Epic, I would organize a team of developers and bring that far away world back that unreal the game once had. But with new technology.

cliffro

Mar 11, 2005
America's Army WILL use it for the "Next-Gen" version of the game. its said by the devs to be ready in late 2006 or whatever

[Dev]Skippy wrote:
The team is making the conscious effort to rebuild stronger than before, though, and we don’t expect it to affect our long-term goal of bringing you a 3.0 version in 2006.
AA is heading toward a game that includes features unlike any we've had so far. It starts with Strykers and (probably) some bot AI to make for competitive-only multiplayer games, and ends with 3.0, a veritable fundamental change in game play that supports player interaction in ways other than at the end of a gun barrel. Graphics are likely to change most dramatically on 3.0, because that's when we intend to shift to Unreal Engine 3.

Last edited:

Romulan

Holding on
Jun 4, 2004
home.fuse.net
Looks like it's RoboHordes. A video of the game in action can be found at GameSpot. At this point, the game gets a big "meh" from me.

[EDIT]Don't know if this is going to be a full game, or is just a demo for Intels dual core processors.

Last edited:

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
maybe duke nukem forever will use UE3? or are they still stuck on ut99 tech... or they all vanished into thin air or something...