Triggers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pedro Brito

Dec 4, 2003
How do I make a trigger that would only be activated when a combination of triggers are set off in a specific order?

chip

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
you could try using a series of Action_IFCONDITIONs set up in a ScriptedTrigger or set of ScriptedTriggers -- not as elegant as dedicated code but maybe easier if you don't have Unreal Script experience.

Search the Unreal Wiki for "Action_IFCONDITION" for some info on their use.

spentron

Jan 4, 2004
Manassas
www.intergate.com
Pedro Brito said:
How do I make a trigger that would only be activated when a combination of triggers are set off in a specific order?

I just looked at the Wiki reference, and CodeMaster also requires elevator movers, which are, in my experience, it's incompatible with normal triggers, although it does sound like the CodeMaster event is a normal one.

Of course, almost everything about this game has to be found out by experiment, so anything I say could have missed few thousand possibilities. I am talking UED1/u1/UT here BTW... I recently took about 30 hours of experimentation to get something to work.

What might work, and be easier, within my experience, is use a gradual mover as a state machine. It doesn't have to be visible and it doesn't have to move, except maybe temporarily so you can see what's happening. However, there's no way to reset it, many aspects of the gradual being a mystery to apparently all (even Lode). Activating wrong triggers would not make one start from the beginning, it would just wait for the right one for its current state. In other words, if the player needed to hit 1-2-3, then 2313113313212213 would fire it also (third triggering =1, #11=2, #16=3). The fourth state would produce the needed trigger; if the last, then it will go back to state 1 automatically after the Open Time.

Note you can't attach anything to a gradual mover, but the state events generally work (although triggering music with them caused a problem in one case). You can attach something to a regular mover triggered by the gradual one.