Aim while jumping.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
Beppo said:
or use the classic broom-stick-test-method... take care to not stitch it into your eye...

sarcasm aside... it is meant to be this way due to obvious reasons.

It's not obvious to me why it is possible to aim and jump at the same time.

jayhova

Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
Sorry for the confusion when I say jumping I mean like off of something like a building or crate etc. You can stay in aimed mode as long as you don't land so hard that you drop your weapon.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
In other words, you're talking about falling, not jumping, after running off a high place? This makes sense, because in this case, since you never jumped, your weapon never got hipped so nothing is stopping you from aiming. I guess you could just make it so falling for more than a few feet hips your weapon too.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
jayhova said:
I disagree. It's stupid to be able to drop 8' and keep your weapon aimed. If you don't think so maybe you should try it.

what the **** do you mean ?

one post you say we shouldnt be able to aim one post you say we should be able to aim..
thats realy strange. you use drugs ?

i say its stupid to want to aim while falling. its realistic to aim while falling if you aimed before , but you fall so fast that you cant aim even if your arms are in aim position.plus you can't focus on something else than your landing

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
thought INF causes you to drop your weapon when you fall something like 3+ feet.
Technically dropping a weapons isn’t realistic because the weapon is normally on a sling/cable.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Vega-don said:
one post you say we shouldnt be able to aim one post you say we should be able to aim..
He wasn't saying you should be able to aim while jumping, he was saying you shouldn't. Now, he's not saying you should be able to aim while falling, he's saying you shouldn't. What's the big deal?

jayhova

Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
Ummmm.. I don't think I ever said that you "should be" able to aim and jump. The confusion was a semantical one. I was saying that I have a problem with being able to aim while jumping/falling I should have clarified that. IMHO It would be nearly impossible to keep a gun aimed as that 8lb gun would weigh 50lbs on landing not to mention the fact that it would be nearly impossible to contol your landing if you were trying to aim a weapon.

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
jayhova said:
I disagree. It's stupid to be able to drop 8' and keep your weapon aimed. If you don't think so maybe you should try it.

What does it matter man? If you fall another two feet, you die anyway :D

Personally I think the distance for taking serious damage needs to be bumped up a bit.

As to the bit about aiming while falling.....I guess it depends on the goal at hand....if I was running after someone to keep them from killing a hostage for example, and fell off a roof or other purchase, I might ignore that I was falling and try to make the imaculate-interception :D But then, I never have been, and never will be a good candiate for the armed forces :evil:

Maybe if you keep the aim for the first few feet? And then relax the grip? Even better would be if you could simply tumble out of control or even gently :D

N'kEnNy

Aug 1, 2003
I live here, Really.
www.ns-co.net
Does it really matter? How many kills have you gotten while falling? How many times have you been killed by someone falling (and shooting accuratly)? How many times have you seen this happen?

People who fall or stumble in high-damage games like Infiltration are more busy worrying about the fall than actually doing damage on the enemy.