Always display enemy names in red

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rocko

the king of hipshots
Apr 6, 2001
Sweden
www.c-22.org
I'm sure someone already posted this...but anyways...

It would be great if enemy names always were displayed in red and teammates names in blue. That way there would be fewer TKs, it is sometimes confusing to play one level on blue team and another on red...

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I'm all for trashing the whole name display thing, though TheSniper has a valid point.

I think the best way to deal with this would be to only display temmates names, only after looking at them for a period of time (2 seconds), and only at extremely close distance (1-2m).

This would allow things to remain fun, while keeping a degree of realism (afterall, IRL we all look distinct, while in INF there is a VERY LIMITED difference in look, and there is nothing preventing multiple players on a team from looking EXACTLY the same). This system would mimic reading a nametag or something.

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
I think it should be configurable by the server. In a clan game names should be disabled, because you know what your teammates look like. But in a public game you won't know your teammates and so the id system compensates for that.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
IMO the max range for reading namesshould be something like 15 or twenty meter, that is the range close covering teammates are at anyway. Beyond that it's up to you to see the difference.

asmodeus

DB addict
Mar 25, 2001
www.williamscanady.com
yeah, but 2 seconds is too long IMHO... if the guy is in your team, he probably has some really distinctive feature (not shown by the skin) which differentiates him from the rest of the crew