UT Nali Weapons 3 - Preview (Video and Screenshots)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Nali Weapons 3 - Released!

NW3_newlogo_bigres.png

Here it is, Nali Weapons 3 is finally released:
ZIP version: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3/downloads/nali-weapons-3-client-zip-version
(or http://www.mediafire.com/?ww2vzoxfy5cyg0v )
UMOD version: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3/downloads/nali-weapons-3-client-umod-version
(or http://www.mediafire.com/?7qd84n6gb9ng0x5 )

Also, if you own a server or want to host one for these weapons, there redirect files can be found here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3/downloads/nali-weapons-3-redirect-servers-only
(or http://www.mediafire.com/?yxy174imtali49n )

Nuclear testing maps: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3/addons/nuclear-test-maps
(or http://www.mediafire.com/?bdgei2ck5gi22pj )

I also made a "short" 6min video showing a glimpse on all available weapons and nukes (it's suggested to play it in HD):

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8LFpo0gDkU[/M]

I hope you enjoy it :)

1349223632UltimaExpl_banner.png

Last edited:

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
Like I said Ferali. Success and fun with a project. The best what can happen for a modder. Lets wait if you can beat your prequels weapons pack success at all, but from what I read, I have no doubts. :)

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Thanks all :)

Do fancy that flamethrower unit =)
Thanks. The ironic thing is that in the previous pack, it was one of the worse weapons of all of them, now it might turn to be one of the most apreciated ones (from the comments so far in other places as well). :D

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
GOD

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNNNNN

Those weapon particle effects, especially on the flamer, look really badass, as do all the other features. This is one sick looking mod. Keep it up!

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
^ Thanks ;)

Those weapon particle effects, especially on the flamer, look really badass, as do all the other features. This is one sick looking mod. Keep it up!
Thanks. Although you know now how "easilly" they can be done. ;)
The interesting part, is that even on unrealsp, the Flame Tracker keeps to be the most apreciated weapon so far (ironically, is the one that took me the most time to do, from all the other weapons done so far, as I wanted to make the flames look as fluid as possible, which I trully hope to be that the idea to pass).

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Well, after 2 weeks of not even develop of a bit of this pack (work), and almost this entire week enhancing the core (AI, some new features, performance, etc) and playing UT (as I don't only mod, I actually play as well lol), only now I started the next weapon in the list.
Working now on the new Graviton. Here's what I have so far (only 3d view, not skins or any of the fancy effects the other weapons have to look much better (that's why it looks quite ugly now), did it in a few hours):
Graviton3D.png

Those "paddles" will be animated accordingly.

Showing the WIP screenshot of the Graviton since it was one of the favorite weapons by the community regarding the previous pack. You can imagine it skinned and with some glows and such.
I hope you like the concept.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Here's the new Graviton from in-game already (skinned, with the effects and such):
GravitonINGAME.png

Next update to this topic will be made only when the rest of the Graviton, new Freezer and new Vulcan get 100% done.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Don`t bother. Most likely a spambot.
Reported it and it seems it got removed. So many spam topics to choose from, and he/it decided to post here quoting my last sentence ROFL :lol:

BTW: Dont wonder about my absence on ut99.org. To less time (atm) to "waste" it with mod-stuff. I limited my forum activities to a minimum.
Also school is coming for some (perhaps you included), so I guess that's general...

:eek:Now if only UT could release one more patch to change the max weapons priority list from 50 to 500.:(
That's the big disadvantage of big weapon packs (specially when there are quite some of them installed)...

Well, either ways, I showed up this screenshot up in other forums, and didn't show here so far due to lack of replies, and therefore I don't want to keep double posting and triple posting about progress, otherwise it might start to look bad and look like spam. However, since there were some posts, I guess it's safe to post another screenshot:
GravFootage.png

Btw, at this stage the Graviton is 99% finalized (including 2nd fire, 2 versions of it actually: one for MH and another balanced one for regular matches).
1% it misses is just a little effect I still want to add the vortex projectile, which means it will be finished by tomorrow so I can fix some stuff in the core, enhance a bit more some previous weapons and do the next weapon in the list: Freezer.

The Graviton took some time since I spent almost a week without any idea to make the vortex look minimally good (I did about 20 different effects, didn't like any, rofl), besides being a tricky weapon with a lot of configuration settings. The following weapons should be more easy to do, and therefore faster to finish: Freezer, Vulcan and TheMiner...

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Try to make the freezer like this one. :D
batman-und-robin-2.jpg

BTW, I think it's high time you take the "n00b" part out of your title. From what I've seen of your work, you're no n00b.

Last edited:

CRanger

pujanzas de santana
Aug 30, 2010
CHICAGO
You made the nali weapons 2 but I throwed them out of my files.
I actually liked them but they are no good additions to the original weapons.
They should have this even used look and concrete light effects.
But nevermind if you made them as whole for your own games.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Try to make the freezer like this one. :D

BTW, I think it's high time you take the "n00b" part out of your title. From what I've seen of your work, you're no n00b.
I already have the concept of the new freezer in my mind since I started NW3. It won't look like that weapon, but I hope it gets minimally good when finished.

Regarding the n00b part in my title, it will stay there, as when I get to say something extraordinarly stupid or wrong about something on the Unreal Engine, at least I have an excuse :lol:
No, honestly it will keep there since most people don't know me here at BU, and actually compared to some modders/coders still around, I am indeed a n00b :)
Today, I might be better than yesterday, but I have still a lot of improvement and learning tomorrow, that's how I think. ;)

But thanks ;)

You made the nali weapons 2 but I throwed them out of my files.
I actually liked them but they are no good additions to the original weapons.
They should have this even used look and concrete light effects.
But nevermind if you made them as whole for your own games.
Well, the light/glow effects are actually something totally new in a independent weapon mod in UT. There's no other weapon pack or single weapon with such effects to date, except on 1 or 2 high quality single player campaigns (from what I know of, of course).

Regarding the previous pack, it sucks in my opinion as well, that's why I am making a new one, which should destroy completelly the old one and its issues, bringing not only a much superior quality, but a lot of new features regarding the whole system, gameplay (which the previous lacked a lot), as flexibility and server stability.
Also some new weapons will be added.

However, there will be always people who won't still like the pack, other that will like, but actually I saw the "hidden criticism" regarding the whole pack (some nasty things regarding my previous weapon pack, which they "thought" to talk on my back). Normally a coder/modder wouldn't give a crap about it (since it wasn't that much), but I actually used it to make the new one much better in every way possible, as some of those things have actually a reason to be, and could be changed.

For example, I already got some "not so clever" filesize statements (between some "clever" ones which I highly considered), but truth is that the NW3 core has 12Mb, uncompressed, and 3,15Mb compressed into a uz, and I tested the redirect yesterday of the server which will be the first official one hosting these, and downloaded 5Mb files in just a few seconds, almost an instant, so that won't be a problem either.

So the only thing left is really to finish the pack and see what people will like and not like, in general. Like I said previouslly, the relative difference between NW1.4 and NW2 will be the same or even higher between NW2 and NW3. Each version is totally distinct, although they have the same weapons and concepts.