Steam & ut3 file locations

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

thinsoldier

Jul 30, 2008
I originally installed UT3 on my D: drive and I put my custom stuff in
D:\Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
instead of under my My Documents folder.

I did this because I only have 4.7 gigs free on C: and my custom maps and models are over 5 gigs. Then there's the inevitability that other things I install in the future are going to put many gigs of god-knows-what in mysterious hidden places under my My Documents folder without telling me (like adobe everything, google picasa thumbnails and others).

So what I need to know is since I installed ut3 again with steam, where are the actual game files saved and how can I still use a drive other than C: to install my custom maps?

I've got another 2.42 gigs of maps I downloaded ages ago and haven't even installed yet!

Last edited:

BoneofFear

The American Dying Machine
Jul 14, 2004
IN DA CHOPPA!
www.myspace.com
just uninstall the UT3 that isn't integrated into steam and the steam one should read your custom content still in your My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3 directory.

Short answer:Your custom UT3 stuff will be read fine with the steam integrated install.

Very short answer:YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS dot dot dot

EDIT:Whoops read your question wrong,It's all still in the same directory as they were.But there's another directory created with the default **** (same folders files and all that from the Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 Directory) in Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Unreal Tournament 3 iirc

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
I originally installed UT3 on my D: drive and I put my custom stuff in
D:\Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
instead of under my My Documents folder.

I did this because I only have 4.7 gigs free on C: and my custom maps and models are over 5 gigs. Then there's the inevitability that other things I install in the future are going to put many gigs of god-knows-what in mysterious hidden places under my My Documents folder without telling me (like adobe everything, google picasa thumbnails and others).

So what I need to know is since I installed ut3 again with steam, where are the actual game files saved and how can I still use a drive other than C: to install my custom maps?

I've got another 2.42 gigs of maps I downloaded ages ago and haven't even installed yet!
Just to clarify since BoneOfFear's answers were all over the place:

• All your custom content, settings, etc. will transfer over to the new steam version. Nothing will change there.
  • The UT3 game files themselves are in Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Unreal Tournament 3.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
What I have with this is the content in My Docs\My Games linked to another My Games folder on another drive.