Conver Unreal maps to UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Simply copy the map from the Unreal/Maps folder to the UnrealTournament/Maps folder.

It is then highly suggested that you go into the map and replace all the Unreal weapons with the UT weapons.

Rebuild and Paths Define and your set.

alien8

Run, you magnificent bastard.
In some deathmatch maps for Unreal, some creators didn't specify in the LevelInfo that it's a deathmatch map. You might run into troubles running an Unreal map in UT if this is the case.

If it happens, it's easily fixed. Open the map in UnrealEd, go to Browse/Classes and expand Info-GameInfo-TournamentGameInfo and select DeathMatchPlus. Then go to the top menu, select Options, LevelInfo, and choose DefaultGameType. Making sure that DeathMatchPlus is still hilited, press Use.

Rebuild, Save, and you should be ready to go.

bullet2.gif

alien8
PlanetUnreal | ModCentral Unreal

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Alien8, I could be wrong... but doesn't that change the file and it's internal structure to some extent (like it's ID code and filesize).

As long as the file as the proper prefix it should work. The DefaultGameType doesn't need to be set.

alien8

Wanderer:

I had an old map that I had made with 224 Unreal, and I went thru it and replaced all the weapons to UT versions, did the path define thing again, rebuilt and saved it. It was named with the proper DM- prefix, but whenever I tried to play it, all I got was UT dumping me back to desktop.

I had a helluva time trying to figure out what was the matter, and I was actually just kinda fooling around when I noticed that the DefaultGameType was empty. I did the above, and everything worked fine.

Strange, I know. Coulda just been one of those Windows-coincidence things though too, who knows /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

alien8

alien8

In the June 16, 1999 news from http://unreal.epicgames.com is this:

Take a screenshot of your map.
Use an art program to convert the shot to a 256x256 .BMP or .PCX.
Start UnrealED.
Select the Texture browse tab.
Click "Import" and select the screenshot you took.
Enter the Package name "MyLevel" make sure you spell it just like that.
Enter the Texture name as "Screenshot" make sure you spell it just like
that.
Import the screenshot with mipmaps turned off.
Open the Level Properties for your map.
Under Display, set the texture to the one you just imported.
Save your map.

Thanks to GreenMarine for that bad boy.

bullet2.gif

alien8

Digitalia

Thank you very much for your kindful answers. Only a question more; I have tried to convert two maps from Unreal: DMCamelotR3 and DMBreakfast, but, when I try to open it on the UT editor, nothing occurs. I have no problem with another maps like DMCobblestone. Do you know what's wrong?.
Thanks again.

ether

Feb 1, 2000
San Diego, CA
www.remixradio.com
I thought i used to be able to load Unreal I levels into UnrealEd, and DM maps still work, but now, if i try to load Bluff.unr or other single-player maps, it loads for a long time and then gives me a blank map.

Any suggestions?

bullet2.gif

--ether
http://www.remixradio.com/ut/