Weapon Ballance complaint thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Jul 22, 2000
Balance.

Would somebody mind translating 'imaginary dragon' to English, please? ;)

*waves at edhe*

Last edited:

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
so, by weapon balance, do you mean every weapon should be no more or no less effective than any other weapon in the game?

If that's the case, why have multiple weapons at all?

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
TWD, I've seen many people complain about the weapons in UT2003 but no one complain as much as you.

I suggest you stop playing UT2003. Take a breake from the computer and spend the summer outside.
Go down to the beach and watch girls. It's more healthy for a boy in your age :p

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
WebSlinger said:
so, by weapon balance, do you mean every weapon should be no more or no less effective than any other weapon in the game?

If that's the case, why have multiple weapons at all?
To have different ways to kill people, Flak Cannon for close range, Lightning Gun for long range, Minigun for chasing down people and finishing them off, etc.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I think the weapons should be pretty much equal (except maybe the start weapons). The reason you have multiple weapons is to have different kinds for different situations, besides one weapon would be boring.

I absolutely love this game. However it's not perfect. The weapon ballance is definatly not perfect. Why can't we try to improve it. Should we not be trying to make this game as good as possible? UT2004 is comming around and it appears that epic will be making ballance changes so doesn't it make sense to talk about it?

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
DaBeatard said:
Renegade, for some reason that struck me as extremely funny.

That was good. :)

;) I try. About one out of 10 of my cracks actually get a response. The rest just sink to the abyss that is page 2.

Dang it, I tried to get another complaint thread off course, but TWD reeled it right back in!