Putting up your own server..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WeeD.Falcon

Dutch by design..
Oct 13, 2001
The Netherlands
www.planetweed.de.vu
hi i got some questions about putting up a server..

1. can a Mac user join an windows server and the other way around.
2. i try to put up a server, i can log in as admin, when i press F1 i can see my time and my ping(0) as it should be, but my mate with windows cant see the damn thing..

Khutan

Always in a vicious circle....
Jul 25, 2001
Merseyside, UK
www.planetunreal.com
1. As far as I know, yes. Unless you are using the cheat-prevention tip beppo suggested (that was posted on the main INF page), in which case the mac user needs to download and install the PC UTMenu files from this thread ;)

2. :con: I'm a little confused :) if he's on the other team, then he shouldn't be able to see your ping/time until the end of the match, if he can't see his own, then there's something wrong. If you mean that he can't see your server in the browser (I think this is what you mean, otherwise you wouldn't be asking Q1), then you may need to enable the "Advertise Server" option in the NET (?) screen, other than that, try giving him your IP address and having him direct connect to it :)

WeeD.Falcon

Dutch by design..
Oct 13, 2001
The Netherlands
www.planetweed.de.vu
well, the server not appearing in the list was the problem, and yeah i clicked the advertise server button, but ill try to give him my ip..

under windows u can check ur ip by typing into (dutch word) Uitvoeren console, U have to typ: winipcfg right, so then u will get the ip?

and i havnt done anything about cheat prevention i amke it an one on one match, so i trust the other not to cheat or else im gonna be god :p.................

ps. u said that u could see the ping of hte opponant at the end of the match...---> my answer: realy never saw that :D

Khutan

Always in a vicious circle....
Jul 25, 2001
Merseyside, UK
www.planetunreal.com
winipcfg -> yep, make sure you select the right thing from the drop down box ;) Then your buddy has to right click on the browser window and select "open address" (or whatever it's called), and enter your IP (and possibly port if you've changed it)

ps. u said that u could see the ping of hte opponant at the end of the match...---> my answer: realy never saw that :D
ummm...ah....err.....:D you could in 2.85, but you can't in 2.86, sorry about that :D