Bulletstorm Demo Arrives

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-=WolverinE=-

Apr 16, 2006
lol @ Epic. I totally forgot about this piss of a game and they finally get the demo out. So I was right about the time frame of a demo release...

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
I have Q6600, gtx 465, 6 gig of ram and I ran it cranked at 1920 x 1080 and it was very smooth with no noticeable frame drops. I think the hook of the game is definitely to try and score as much as you can in a play through and to also try to check off that list of possible types of kills...I found myself checking that list to see if there were any I needed to pull off yet.
I think it took me around 8 hours to complete the game and I explored a little.
I still think is quite possible the best looking game i have played yet.....I have been playing Crysis 2 and I think Bulletstorm looks better.

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010
Can't play it, game not available for me on Steam. GFWL wants my credit card information just for downloading the demo, **** them

-=WolverinE=-

Apr 16, 2006
Can't play it, game not available for me on Steam. GFWL wants my credit card information just for downloading the demo, **** them

No steam version for me too, but GFWL didn't ask for any information. I can wrap up the installation in a zip/rar if you want. Also, the game didn't ask me to sign in GFWL.

As a side note, anyone who's playing this game (I downloaded it to see if I can run it on my 3 years old PC) might want to give BulletstormINIeditor.exe a try. It works and with it you can disable mouse smoothing. Not sure about the FOV, but I think it can be done. The graphics options are quite a lot too. You can enable/disable various shadow settings, ambient occlusion, D3D10 and the following entry: bUseMaxQualityMode. Enabling this on my PC resulted in 0-5 FPS so anyone with a powerhouse PC is welcome to try it out and maybe screenshot compare.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
not cool on the whole piracy thing there, guy.

I mean getting it free of charge and not liking it is one thing, but, getting it free of charge and not liking it, then offering to spread it around in the BU News Forum? That's something else.

Last edited:

-=WolverinE=-

Apr 16, 2006
not cool on the whole piracy thing there, guy.

I mean getting it free of charge and not liking it is one thing, but, getting it free of charge and not liking it, then offering to spread it around in the BU News Forum? That's something else.

lol? Since when a demo could be pirated?

bsdemo.png

Last edited:

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I might buy this, but not for more then 20 bucks. The visuals were awesome but they put to much wieght on leader boards in a game with no decent multiplayer. Painkiller did a better job of the excessive overkill game concept... hell, Will Rock did a better job even.

I'd give the game a 8 of 10....on the scale of fail.

Granted all I have played is the demo.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
[NBK]Rattman;2505024 said:
I think the hook of the game is definitely to try and score as much as you can in a play through and to also try to check off that list of possible types of kills...I found myself checking that list to see if there were any I needed to pull off yet.

You can get around 75% of them by accident or just using the weapons as intended. The remainder weren't too tricky, save for the very last weapon, as you get it right at the end of the damned game and only have it upgraded for around 20 minutes or so...

[NBK]Rattman;2505024 said:
I think it took me around 8 hours to complete the game and I explored a little.

Explored what? It's a linear corridor shooter.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
This game ran terribly on my computer until I tweaked the hell out of it to remove the three graphic bugs I was having. Then it ran okayish.

I don't recommend anyone purchase this at 60$, it's not worth that much.

However, I recommend playing through it once, because it's still fun.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
Either all the people who liked the game have not posted anything about it on the net or most really hate it. I pre-ordered it and while I don't like GfW and had problems with said GfW during the installation I had (and still have) heaps of fun with this game and its (mostly) amazing environments. It does not have a deep and captivating story, nor does it have amazingly interesting characters but I didn't expect any of that, tbh. I got an over the top, fast shooter with lots of blood and gore and foul-mouthed characters and lots of funny moments.

I share some of the gripes like the missing editor (which I miss most), encrypted ini files, missing console, graphics options and I thought it was weird to have to press Enter/Space/Ctrl/Shift/whatever in the menu to access functions but to me it's still a fun and great looking game that I think was worth the money I payed for it.

However, I didn't get the demo to work. Steam windows says "preparing to launch", then starts to flicker insanely and all I can do is end the process... :(

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
The whole point is getting a high score... like back in the Atari days. it seems like you missed the point.

But I couldn't give a crap for a high score.
Gimme a scoreboard with K/D where im above other players rather then just against myself and that'd be different.

But then again BS couldn't manage that.

Bgood

Oct 30, 2010
I agree, high scores are good for Xbox show offs. For PC gamers multiplayer options are everything.

Everything Epic do these days seems to be going after the lowest common denominator. Sad really, as there are loads of really smart people at Epic, basically now, all trying to second guess what the console crowd will think is 'really cool'.

Many here seem to be losing hope they'll ever make anything that is challenging for PC gamers again.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
UT3 is still a magnitude better title.

Either all the people who liked the game have not posted anything about it on the net or most really hate it. I pre-ordered it and while I don't like GfW and had problems with said GfW during the installation I had (and still have) heaps of fun with this game and its (mostly) amazing environments. It does not have a deep and captivating story, nor does it have amazingly interesting characters but I didn't expect any of that, tbh. I got an over the top, fast shooter with lots of blood and gore and foul-mouthed characters and lots of funny moments.

If it only had an editor, I'll probably say this is worth 50€, but no it's more of a 30€ just like every other game

this is the best FPS game I've played in a while otherwise, not more of the same. And I lost faith with First person shooters in general (Homefront and maybe Crysis 2 disgusted the hell out of me).
Thanks god Serious Sam 3 comes out this summer.

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Uh it is available on steam. go to the game's page and click "download demo."

How hard is that?

But I couldn't give a crap for a high score.
Then it's not the game for you. Bulletstorm isn't about surviving to the end. it's about doing it in the coolest way possible so you score the most points.
Gimme a scoreboard with K/D where im above other players rather then just against myself and that'd be different.
there IS a scoreboard where you're above other players. but the whole concept of the game is it's not just the number of kills, it's HOW you killed them.

If it only had an editor, I'll probably say this is worth 50€
Don't see how an editor would make it worth $30 more when the UDK is free.

Last edited: