anyone else play ultima online here?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
I did for about a week.You know,if folks in the game would have stopped bragging about how 1337 they were,and what "stuff" they've aquired,or ever worse the "you wanna cyber" folks,and followed a bit of leadership I could have taken over the whole damn world(both of them!),but noooo.....selfish buggers.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
I think there are more people playing the Ragnarok beta right now than RO on here. Along with what Zen said... it's free :D

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
im thinking about getting back into Ultima online. But if I do im going to the paid OSI servers because they work. Those free shards are lame and dont last very long. They are also very laggy, and I have high expections, such as things working perfectly.

besides the game is funner when its just you and the NPC's. No joke either, very few people play on the OSI servers anymore because there are free ones out there, and there are better online RPGs.

I just like UO for its tradeskills, no game allows you to be a blacksmith and have to mine for your ore, its cool. :)

Ultima online is the most origonal online RPG I ever seen, im surprised that it has dropped in player population, even with all the advertising EA has given it. but like I said, the game is funner when there arent that many players on, espically if you are a tradesman. nothing sucks more then going to the minoc mines and finding it over crowded with other miners.

Although when I played i had this great spot that the guild I was in controlled, I had a house right by this mine that no one went to. Only problem was that it was right by a dungeon.

the~oreca

Retired.
Jul 10, 2000
NB, Canada
I never had UO, but I've played it at a friends house, but, if I have to pay extra after getting a game I won't play it.

UO2 was going to look cool from what I was reading back in the day, but it never got released :(

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Originally posted by DexterII
I like Minoc on Catskills cause there is no lag, and basically no people so you have the mines to yourself to get all the ingots in the world :)

You an east coaster,Dext?

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
Originally posted by the~oreca
I never had UO, but I've played it at a friends house, but, if I have to pay extra after getting a game I won't play it.

You dont have to pay per month on the free servers.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Originally posted by DexterII
I like Minoc on Catskills cause there is no lag, and basically no people so you have the mines to yourself to get all the ingots in the world :)

I played on Baja which was quite over crowded, but if I go back to UO ill check out Catskills.

I owned Minoc on the Baja server. :D

UK|EDgeCRUsheR

i came to conquer uranus
Jan 28, 2001
England
trinitysuo.freeservers.com
well im mainly a decorater

yep im a gm bowyer tailor blacksmith carpenter tinkerer and lumberjack and mage iv got 0.4 skill point left b4 i max out the stat cap. :D hehe yeah the shard im on is good not too much people on but its good. very nice too you get 5 gm skillz =)
and it helps if your new to uo. ym castle looks very good ill get a piccie of it on here. i got the fishtank in there too and a piano so it looks nice. i got my bar and im makin a pool table tonight.:D