general rant thred

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harley Davidson

Oct 8, 2003
Visit site
I've always been one to help the n00b guy ooops I mean new guy.
I've spent hours at a time teaching peeps the ropes in a game cuz i know what it's like to be new at something and get beat down. And some people belive it or not can be very appreciative about it. But some others act like the're retarded (that wasn't very PC was it) you try to help them and they JUST DON'T LISTEN. At that point I just say screwem.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Things that irk me:
- People spamming chat text, esp. going on at length about tbgrl
- People driving off in (mostly) empty vehicles
- Still no defense, esp. in Rampant and Nakoja. Once we clear them out I can usually hold both caves by myself so there should be plenty of help at the base.
- Speaking of Rampant - CLOSE THE GARAGE DOORS!!!!! :mad: :rant:
- Stop spamming deployables! Having one or two around gens and deploys are good to offer support, so we need to spread them out. We don't need 17 rox turrets at the node. And ffs, if we have 1 or 0 gens, TAKE THEM DOWN! I get tired of hearing "your team has lost an energy source, artifact node in danger, artifact node offline, supply packs in danger, supply packs offline, manned turrets in danger, manned turrets offline, rocket turrets in danger..." "omgwtf? :eek:" well, maybe it's the 12-each of both turrets, the hedge maze of forcewalls around the base and 5 mines at every doorway that's causing the rapid dropoff... :shake:
- There still seems to be little correlation between where I'm shooting and whether it actually hits things. I give rangers three flaming shotgun blasts to the face and they survive and pistol-cap me? wtf? :con:

DoomHammeR

Leader of the Orcish Horde
Mar 7, 2004
Dark side of the moon
- Speaking of Rampant - CLOSE THE GARAGE DOORS!!!!!
yeah, you're letting out all the heat! :lol:

I was playing this morning, our last arti was stolen and some dude started putting forcewalls in our node. Maybe it was some kind of decoration :rolleyes:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
yes it's fixing the barn door after the horse is out, but he's probably operating under the assumption that a). someone will retrieve the arti, or b). someone will capture and bring back one or more artis to keep the game alive. There's no excuse not to have defense set up, especially since there's usually someone camping nearby waiting to steal an arti as soon as it becomes available. ESPECIALLY in Rampant.

-=McBean=-

*=)Bean(=*
Mar 16, 2004
England
www.ia-squad.de.vu
Two things annoyed me today...

1st = Cry out "Revive me!" 3 teammates ran past and didn't do anything, they all ended up getting ran over by a raptor LOL

2nd = Some guy kept on tking, you know the story..kill, revive, kill, revive. In the end I had to kill him to save a teammate :(

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
yeah shut the doors

well nothin wrong with 17 turrets if some of then defend the energy sources
if they cant get the energy they can't win
ALSO ON SUNSET BEACH TAKE THE BEACH DEPLOY FIRST THE ENERGY AND ARTIS CAN WAIT
that one deploy is the most important thing on that level you own that u got constant preasure on thier base (and a jugger :) how can you turn that down)

o yeah quick games suck for everyone i like to get a few frags and deploys rather then ending with the 400 points for to team mate captures whats the rush most time limits are 30-40 miniutes. take your time

Harley Davidson

Oct 8, 2003
Visit site
\/\/0RF said:
Things that irk me:
- People spamming chat text, esp. going on at length about tbgrl
- People driving off in (mostly) empty vehicles
- Still no defense, esp. in Rampant and Nakoja. Once we clear them out I can usually hold both caves by myself so there should be plenty of help at the base.
- Speaking of Rampant - CLOSE THE GARAGE DOORS!!!!! :mad: :rant:
- Stop spamming deployables! Having one or two around gens and deploys are good to offer support, so we need to spread them out. We don't need 17 rox turrets at the node. And ffs, if we have 1 or 0 gens, TAKE THEM DOWN! I get tired of hearing "your team has lost an energy source, artifact node in danger, artifact node offline, supply packs in danger, supply packs offline, manned turrets in danger, manned turrets offline, rocket turrets in danger..." "omgwtf? :eek:" well, maybe it's the 12-each of both turrets, the hedge maze of forcewalls around the base and 5 mines at every doorway that's causing the rapid dropoff... :shake:
- There still seems to be little correlation between where I'm shooting and whether it actually hits things. I give rangers three flaming shotgun blasts to the face and they survive and pistol-cap me? wtf? :con:

OMG RFLMAO \/\/orf you rule! sooooooo true!

Harley Davidson

Oct 8, 2003
Visit site
flack ho said:
yeah shut the doors

well nothin wrong with 17 turrets if some of then defend the energy sources
if they cant get the energy they can't win
ALSO ON SUNSET BEACH TAKE THE BEACH DEPLOY FIRST THE ENERGY AND ARTIS CAN WAIT
that one deploy is the most important thing on that level you own that u got constant preasure on thier base (and a jugger :) how can you turn that down)

o yeah quick games suck for everyone i like to get a few frags and deploys rather then ending with the 400 points for to team mate captures whats the rush most time limits are 30-40 miniutes. take your time

I definately agree about the deploy. In my upcoming release there is a critical deploy. But it's awesome for game play it keeps the owner on his toes to KEEP the deploy and tons of pressure on the other team to gain it.

Mar 6, 2004
Indian said:
Let me guess....you play as ranger.

That obvious? :D i like speed, speed, and even more speed, and seeing what i can't see with the naked eye that's why i'm a Ranger.

[{OSN}]Bartman

[{OSN}] Clan Member
Mar 22, 2004
osn.servegame.com
Mole[DCSB] said:
Glory boys. Defense often get lower points, so no1 likes doing it, and most ppl just wanna run off and get the arti's. Your exactly right about sunset beach tho. They all wanna get there and hack it for the points.

well u know me mole i love playing defence
i love it specially on sunset beach when enemys walk in an open node nick the arti and get gunned down by my auto turrets whie they walk round aimlessly trying to get out of the firing line.
and speaking of defence i find auto turrets are far more effective than rocket turrets for 1 they dont take as much energy and you can hide them better
2 they are alot more responsive when an enemy is near.
you just set ur turrets up and hide near the node waiting for someone to take an arti the jump out and hit em with the last shot :D.
and i am allways ready to take them down if the energy is running low or we need that little more energy for that cap.

BaRrOw

DA HOOCH!!
Jan 23, 2004
www.dark-democracy.com
I'm on mine defense.
1 map.
32 minutes.
17 total TK's.
10 intentional TK's by some noob hunting for them to step on each time he respawned.

Need I say more? <---- I've heavily mined this area!

Mar 6, 2004
What the hell man, i'm playing in the jolt 1 server (i do go there aswell as myunreal) and this jubeli guy has around 2400 points and when i leave to get my supper i have just over 5k in 18 minutes and when i get back 30 seconds later he has 6900 and i got 4600...wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf???????? i got no turrets/land mines anywhere and i was hidden, wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf?????? either a glitch or he stole my well deserved points from me and gets 2000 points for a kill.

BaRrOw

DA HOOCH!!
Jan 23, 2004
www.dark-democracy.com
Maybe the game penalized you fro going AFK on your team, thus being useless for 18 minutes, and taking up valuble oxygen (not to mention a slot) that productive members of your team could've been using... =p

[Edit: w00t! My 50th-post flame... phear it!]

Mar 6, 2004
No, i've sat longer and had nothing done to me...anyway i left that game since it was supposed to be kill only and no arti takes but evry1 ignored me so i left, anyway time for me to go and watch hell boy in the theatre :D

Mar 6, 2004
God Damnit!!!! playing in the jolt 1 server a guy electricutes my fully healthed raptor in 1 shot with shock lance and i had arti and he somehow blows it up with me in it to get the arti and win the game...also this is twice now but going down with an arti in alcazar the jump pad this guy shoots down and snipes me with 1 hit with full health/armor, this game is really getting on my last nerve.

Status
Not open for further replies.