Happy 4th!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mappie

--Total World Domination--
Nov 9, 2002
maryland, USA
Visit site
Well to all of us in the United States I just wanted to wish all you a Happy Inependence day. Ill prolly go see fireworks this evening. What are yalls plans?

SlagterAbe

Jun 14, 2003
Bible Belt, America
Visit site
I too work during celebrationizing, and I'm getting ****ed up not in joyous terms but to dull the agonizing pain in my head caused by living in this country and not being able to get out for at least another 4 years.

Mappie

--Total World Domination--
Nov 9, 2002
maryland, USA
Visit site
I know, its a pitty, forgive me for tryin to show some patriotism. But i dont know if he was being anti-american. It would be great to have atleast 1 thread without destroying the United States though :eek: .

Dank

Mac Guru
Sep 18, 2000
Genesis 1:12
Yay, lets all celebrate the fact that a bunch of white slave owning aristocrats didn't wanna pay their taxes by setting off thousands/millions of dollars worth of fireworks that money could be used to feed starving children in 3rd world countries. Yay for capitalism.

God bless america.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
I spent about 10 hours working for a small company run out of someone's house, making 15/hr :)

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Gah! I wish I'd known about the MASH marathon. I definitely would've taped it. Oh well...

Do you know if there are any plans to release MASH on DVD?

I think some of you are totally missing the point of the 4th of July.

There's at lot of things I don't agree with what our government does now, but it was a crucial step in a better direction. It wasn't just about taxes. Many of the signers of the constitution and people who fought in the war had family members that were killed, or died themselves, or were severely ****ted on. I know a few of them had problems with slaverly, but since the majority of the people back then didn't there wasn't much they could do.

And it didn't just effect the U.S., it helped spark revolutions in other countries.

Shooting of fireworks has nothing to do with capitalism, thats democracy at work. Most people approve of our taxes being spent on celeberating this day.

To me it's more about people who risked or sacrificed their lives to build a better government. Its far from perfect, but its not all black and white.

Anyway... I'm going back out...

Last edited:

GenoOfTheCrayon

l33t 14 year old with an iron sight RC50
Sep 30, 2001
Middleof Nowhere
Visit site
Just watched Brave Heart with my dad. What better way to celebrate recieving our independence than watching another country recieve theirs? Hell, it was even from the same country that they won it from :p

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I never knew Scotland was independent of the UK ...

Original9

Deleted.
Jul 28, 2001
FeelTheUniverseXXX said:
I spent about 10 hours working for a small company run out of someone's house, making 15/hr :)

For a second I thought you were getting payed to run out of peoples homes. :p

Scuddie

I am probably better than you.
Sep 29, 2001
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
*cough* ahem...

You have no idea how much fun my family had this 4th. My uncle, who is a maniac, did a finale project like noone has ever seen. The bastard spent about $350 on fireworks, not including the imports (he wouldnt tell me how much :(). He put it on a 2x5 ft board, welded all the fuses to chain react, and showed it off. It went from a half-inch fountain, all the way to those two minute finale cylinders. He lit the half-incher, and it was on it's way.

Funny thing happened though, about five seconds after he lit it off, a police car was in the area patrolling for possible problems, it was common sense to check out the board, so he came by. Everyone freaked out, because they knew there were tons of banned fireworks on the board. The cop came out of his car to check out the area, and one of the arrays (yes, arrays) of Romans went off. The spectacular beauty of the pyrotechnic art caught the cop's eye, and he was speechless as the presentation continued. The thing lasted about ten minutes, ending with 12 airshells going at once. By that time, the whole block was gathered around the site, and everyone was amazed. The police officer who had a big smile on his face, said it was absolutely spectacular, but sadly he had to give my uncle a citation. He said if it was his choice, he would have just watched the thing and taken off. Well, afterwards we roasted marshmallows over the bonfire of once wonderful pyrotechnics.

In short: BEST. 4th. EVER!

Laziness count++ :D