New version RocketArena soon ....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[PuF]BadAss

Dec 14, 1999
Visit site
www.planetunreal.com/arena

Rocket Arena Coming Back Together

I've been getting nothing but positive feedback about Rocket Arena UT, so I think that I overreacted this weekend /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif I perceived the issues to be significant and felt that I couldn't keep the issues snowballing. One severe issue that leads to a fast patch begets more significant issues that require even faster patches. Many people have told me I shouldn't have taken RAUT down, that they think the mod is a lot of fun. I think that taking it down has given the RAUT team time to take a step back and look at things.

We've got a team of people together to help test the next release. I think we'll have a version for the testers this weekend and we'll be working on putting together something very bug free. I'm going to rework parts of the interface. My problems with the interface lay in the fact that it wasn't clear to new players that multiple arenas existed, so you had huge waiting lines in the first room.

The first interface enhancement is to pop up a list of all arenas when you connect to a server. The list would display each arena's name and the number of players in it. When you click an arena name, it will take you to that arena and then move to the current navigation menu. I would then replace "Next Arena" with "Change Arena." Change Arena would pop up the arena browse window. The second enhancement is to roll the "Create Team" and "Join Team" behavior into one menu option.

Once we get a version we are happy with, we'll put it up for download. Given the massive amount of feedback I've been receiving, I think that RAUT will really kick some *** . The mod is very fun, there are just issues with the high learning curve. Anyway, the team really appriciates the feedback. RAUT is certainly not going away!! When I suspended the mod, I didn't mean we weren't going to work on it anymore. I just realized that the release was too early and the mod needed more time.

The RAUT team WAS really frustrated with the situation, but I think now we have clear heads and a good idea of what needs to be done. We don't just want to make a mod that you think is cool, we want to fulfill our own expectations of what the mod can be. With that in mind, I don't want to promise any release dates for the next version. I don't think it will be long, though. With a testing team, turnaround on bug reports is much faster.

signed: GreenMarine

------------------
[PuF]BadAss
ICQ 36081255

B

BloW__Smoke

see, that drawback of RA was just a bad dream

games2.deel13.soulcalibur.jpg

bullet2.gif

He's part mechanic,
and part organic,
not a Cyborg.....