PhysX Support: Coming Soon To A GeForce Near You

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

«:MX:»MadSniper

I didn't survive SuperCrash '08: The BuF
Jan 22, 2008
I live where I live.
I'm pretty sure it'll be a few months, but it should happen. No reason to start doubting Nvidia now amirite?

Sidenote: Hey, UglyPants, see you've been on Eve. You playing trial or have a full account? And what race are you?

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Alright.. that'll be pretty awesome when it happens...

Sidenote: ya, the trail... dunno if i'm gonna keep going afterwerds... its kind of boring. Like it seems the best if to just wait for those storydriven missions to pop up and just do agent missions til they give u an amazing high paying one (which i refused, since my frigate was 4 jumps away... still trying to get that mission), i'm that bastardic military race Calandri. Couldn't stand being a religious zealot nor ex slaves or a democratic ppl.

Jan 22, 2008
I live where I live.
Yeah, I'm Caldari too, this is my second trial account (i made one a hell of a long time ago) and I'm making quite a load off mining, it's boring too if it's not your mindset. But I'm going to purchase an extension.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Using your GPU for physics is going to hurt your framerates, just so you know, unless you're talking about a CPU intensive game. This means that games like UT3 and Crysis, etc. would see a decline in FPS by moving physics rendering from the CPU to the GPU as the GPU is already maxed as it is.

~Jason

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Using your GPU for physics is going to hurt your framerates, just so you know, unless you're talking about a CPU intensive game. This means that games like UT3 and Crysis, etc. would see a decline in FPS by moving physics rendering from the CPU to the GPU as the GPU is already maxed as it is.

~Jason
Let's wait for the benchmarks before we jump to conclusions, shall we?

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com

~Jason

Looking things up everyone is seeing some pretty big performance gains on games like crysis. From what I'm seeing everyones scores also jumped from 11k on 3d mark to over 40k for the cpu tests.

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
Most people that have a highend 8-series or ATI equivalent will be bottlenecked by their CPU unless they have a faster Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad processor.

My e6400 Core 2 Duo@3.4ghz was bottlenecking my 8800gtx on UE3 games, the Q6600 solved that though. :)

Quaglax

May the funk be with you...
Apr 25, 2006
ATL
Alright.. that'll be pretty awesome when it happens...

Sidenote: ya, the trail... dunno if i'm gonna keep going afterwerds... its kind of boring. Like it seems the best if to just wait for those storydriven missions to pop up and just do agent missions til they give u an amazing high paying one (which i refused, since my frigate was 4 jumps away... still trying to get that mission), i'm that bastardic military race Calandri. Couldn't stand being a religious zealot nor ex slaves or a democratic ppl.

So your playing good old EvE Online huh? Sweet! I have one character that I've been playing for about 2 years and I just made my second character a week ago. Im of Minmatar decent and a member of Atlas Alliance.

The game is hardly boring...its what you make of it. There is WAY more to it than just running missions or mining. Yes thats a money maker but so is ratting out in 0.0..also if you live in the drone regions of 0.0 they supply you with hella ore so no more buying ships...just have the alliance build them :) You can pirate and ransom people at gates and make money that way, etc. etc. Think OUTSIDE the box...eve is a very very hard and deep game. Im still learning things and I've been playing for 2 years!

Dont give up on it....

Jan 22, 2008
I live where I live.
So your playing good old EvE Online huh? Sweet! I have one character that I've been playing for about 2 years and I just made my second character a week ago. Im of Minmatar decent and a member of Atlas Alliance.

The game is hardly boring...its what you make of it. There is WAY more to it than just running missions or mining. Yes thats a money maker but so is ratting out in 0.0..also if you live in the drone regions of 0.0 they supply you with hella ore so no more buying ships...just have the alliance build them :) You can pirate and ransom people at gates and make money that way, etc. etc. Think OUTSIDE the box...eve is a very very hard and deep game. Im still learning things and I've been playing for 2 years!

Dont give up on it....

Thank you! Eve Rocks! (I'm a hardcore miner - when I renew my account, I'm learning Industrial for my Caldari Badger... right now I'm using a a Cormorant for multi-tasking)

Quaglax

May the funk be with you...
Apr 25, 2006
ATL
Thank you! Eve Rocks! (I'm a hardcore miner - when I renew my account, I'm learning Industrial for my Caldari Badger... right now I'm using a a Cormorant for multi-tasking)

My new character is Caldari. I'm gonna gear him more towards an industrialist/money maker to fund my main's pvp actvities ^_^ The game takes off man...at first it might be boring or you might get that "what do I do next" feeling. Join a corp...then join an alliance...it gets CRAZY when you have 6 alliances fighting 4 week long wars over territory thats rich with resources. It takes miners like you to fund the wars...cause without ships, modules and ammo...you cant do much :p

As you probably know everything on the market is playing created and sold. So there are people getting hella rich of Battleships that cost 150 mil a pop...also the best way to fly capital ships (if you were wanting to do that one day) is to build them. They cost way too much to buy off the market.

I can go on and on about how rich and complex Eve is but I cant type that much. You got any questions about anything so far? Add me to your address book in-game and contact me. If Im on I can help you out :)

My main's name is: Mattikus
Alt's name: Sig Tigh (Im on him a lot lately so look out for him)

J3FF

teH SEXiest man alive!
Jan 23, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
www.nimbleminds.eu
Looking things up everyone is seeing some pretty big performance gains on games like crysis. From what I'm seeing everyones scores also jumped from 11k on 3d mark to over 40k for the cpu tests.

Nope, that wont help on Crysis!
It only works for games that already or will support the PhysX-additions like Unreal Tournament 3. But it won't give you more FPS on the normal maps, it will only allow you to play the special PhysX maps (the mappack) with decent frame rates. Without the PhysX-Implementations in the driver or the PhysX-Cards it would run on ~5fps.

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
8800 GTS 320/640 /8800 GTX -- G80 ---> not yet compatible
8800 GT/GTS 512 , 9800 GTX -- G92 ---> compatible

works here on my system win xp/dx9c .

i got serious boost with that driver on my GTS 512 , no more stuttering on GOW , and physx supported :D

if you have a G92 chip , download the 177.39 drivers , unzip it in a folder and replace the NVdisp.inf with the one attached to this post .. then install the drivers.
install then Ageia physx system drivers , 8.04.25 and the latest 8.06.12 ;) ( google is your friend ;) )

physx enabled on geforce \o/

After I've installed my GTS 8800 512 (g92) I've found in the program menu the "control panel" of the PhysX. Does that mean I'm already using it (I don't think so), or that installing the new drivers I will get the PhysX right now?
In any case, what games do actually use the PhysX... UT3 only in a dedicated mappack? :confused:

Derdak2rot

DVD2r
Jan 8, 2005
France
you have probabley the physx drivers installed already , but download the last one version , this one features the activation of geforce physx ( added to the last nvidia drivers ) to be activated fully :)

there is plenty of games that support it , and its not only physx related map , it also discharge the processor of some work , like fluid ect .. so you can notice in some games ( some that dont use physx at all ) some better perfomance ( i noticed that perf on GOW , UT3 , GTA-SA and some other )

here the list of games that include physx support :

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_physxgames_home.html

Last edited:

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
Nope, that wont help on Crysis!
It only works for games that already or will support the PhysX-additions like Unreal Tournament 3. But it won't give you more FPS on the normal maps, it will only allow you to play the special PhysX maps (the mappack) with decent frame rates. Without the PhysX-Implementations in the driver or the PhysX-Cards it would run on ~5fps.

I'm not guessing it will I'm saying people are reporting a lot better fps in a lot of games.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
If we are really really lucky, this one will also make ut2k4 work on the 8 series like they promised.. but we really have to be lucky.

GG-Xtreme

You are a pirate!
Mar 12, 2008
I'm guessing the GTX 280 release was too disappointing to deserve a news thread? lol

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
you have probabley the physx drivers installed already , but download the last one version , this one features the activation of geforce physx ( added to the last nvidia drivers ) to be activated fully :)

there is plenty of games that support it , and its not only physx related map , it also discharge the processor of some work , like fluid ect .. so you can notice in some games ( some that dont use physx at all ) some better perfomance ( i noticed that perf on GOW , UT3 , GTA-SA and some other )

here the list of games that include physx support :

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_physxgames_home.html

Thank you, but is the GTS 8800 512 supported already, right now, or I have to wait until the relevant driver?
From the article And NVIDIA says it will gradually roll out PhysX support to the full GeForce 8/9 line. so it looks like I'll have to wait.

Grobut, the problem with UT2004 of the 8800 has been fixed a couple of weeks ago.