New UT3 PS3 Mod Tools Now Available To Modmakers.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Jeff Morris just announced that new UT3 PS3 Mod Tools patch is available to modmakers.
These tools enables the cooking of PC mods for use on the PS3. It is not a patch for UT3 and does not include any of the previous patch fixes nor any new fixes. This version supports the recently released v1.10 PS3 patch. It requires that patch 1.2 be installed.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Cool ... I was just talking/asking about this. Now we can cook the models for the PS3 correctly.

Edit: Is anyone else having problems with this. It said that it was installing the patch when I ran it and then I checked where the tool is and the date on the file is from January. So my UnrealFrontend tool has not been updated so what's the deal here? Has anyone gotten it to work?

Edit: How can you tell what version you have installed? I can't cook any models until this is resolved so please someone give me some assistance. Thanks.

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Why is the ps3 version at 1.10 already? they've had 10 patches in the time it took the PC to have two? Or is that a typo and it's supposed to be 1.1 ?

Last edited:

Anuban

Apr 4, 2005
How does this darn thing install? How will I know if I am using the correct version? I need some answers please Epic. Don't ignore your customers please ... its not like there is a tech/customer support number I can call (which would be timely to say the least ... how many business software companies lack some kind of phone support ... now this is an aspect of gaming in general that needs to change but this is a topic for another thread).

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
How does this darn thing install? How will I know if I am using the correct version? I need some answers please Epic. Don't ignore your customers please ... its not like there is a tech/customer support number I can call (which would be timely to say the least ... how many business software companies lack some kind of phone support ... now this is an aspect of gaming in general that needs to change but this is a topic for another thread).

Uh, I'm pretty sure there's only one other version of the tools, so if you already have them and haven't downloaded this, then you dont have them?
If you're talking about PS3 UT3, I'd assume that if you've patched your game it will show the version number on the main menu.

Anuban

Apr 4, 2005
I'm not talking about the patch ... I'm talking about THIS tool that the thread is referring to. The one used for cooking mods with the PS3. There is an older version pre UT3 PS3 patch ... and now this new version for supporting the new things introduced in the patch (like the full character models being cooked for the PS3 ... head and all). How does this new cooking tool install correctly and how do I tell what the version of the tool is? The install program doesn't give me any indication that the program has been updated. Someone who knows the answers to these questions please give me some assistance. Thanks.

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I'm not talking about the patch ... I'm talking about THIS tool that the thread is referring to. The one used for cooking mods with the PS3. There is an older version pre UT3 PS3 patch ... and now this new version for supporting the new things introduced in the patch (like the full character models being cooked for the PS3 ... head and all). How does this new cooking tool install correctly and how do I tell what the version of the tool is? The install program doesn't give me any indication that the program has been updated. Someone who knows the answers to these questions please give me some assistance. Thanks.

You're really making this sound more complicated than it is. Only two versions of these tools exist. The initial release, and this new version released today. You don't need to be told they're different, they just are. If it makes you feel any better, uninstall the old version first. It installs correctly by... installing it? If you're having a problem installing it remove the old one first like I said. I dont think it truly needs to give any indications, if you clicked the right download link you should have the right file.

Last edited:

SuperDre

May 6, 2002
Helmond.nl
www.superteam.tk

Well, actually if you are really (not even so seriously) into modding UT(3) you would have known there is a special mailinglist, has been for about every UT game.. google is your friend, or just a quick look at the UDN site http://udn.epicgames.com/Main/WebHome.html
or you could try the official unrealtournament forums..

Anuban

Apr 4, 2005
^^^ there shouldn't need to be a "special mailing list" ... but anyway I know how to get it working so the issue is now moot.