Microsoft in Court Again

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Who didn't see this coming :D:

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,5100957,00.html?chkpt=zdnnp1tp01

The Redmond, Wash.-based software giant filed a motion with the U.S. Court for the Western District of Washington against Lindows, which is developing a version of the Linux operating system that will run popular applications written for Microsoft's Windows OS.

Microsoft contends the company, which plans to formally release its product next year, purposely is trying to confuse Lindows with Windows. The suit asks the court to order the start-up to stop using the Lindows name and also seeks unspecified monetary damages.

"We're not asking the court to stop the company from making their products," said Microsoft spokesman Jon Murchinson. "What we're saying is they should not use a name that could confuse the public and infringe on our valuable trademark."

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Bill Gates lights his fire with little baby kittens. ITS TRUE.

(That developer deserves everything he gets. MP3.com was poop.)

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
purposely is trying to confuse Lindows with Windows
- should be thrown out of court, given that no software developer in his right mind would want to have anything to do with The Crappiest Operating System In The World (tm). :D

EDIT: typo.

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Originally posted by FiringAimlessly

- should be thrown out of court, given that no software developer in his right mind would want to have anything to do with Thw Crappiest Operating System In The World (tm). :D

True, oh so true!

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
All I have to say is, thank God they chose Linux. For a while I was hearing about them trying to take over FreeBSD. Better some poser Unix variation like Linux than BSD.

Donnellizer

Fjæsing!
Jun 17, 2001
Ocean Grove, NJ
Visit site
I've heard about this for a while. Goddamn MS, yeah, everyone's getting confused! Oh no, lindows, that's almost like WINDOWS.

Since when can you fucking SUE for having a name that's one letter different from yours! uh-oh, there's someone named Job, that's almost like Bob! Bob better sue his ass!