Probs w/ Logitech mouse...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dolce916

Desmoquatro
Nov 25, 1999
KC, KS USA
www.velocimoto.com
YIPPEE got UT in the mail today..and am all installed..only prob so far is that in the controls set up it is not recognizing my wheel on my mouse..the demo worked fine..I have a Logitech Cordless wheel mouse..Anyone have a prob with them???

------------------
The more I learn...the more I realize I don't know $#!%

dolce916

Desmoquatro
Nov 25, 1999
KC, KS USA
www.velocimoto.com
Not sure exactly what I did..but it works now..I am pretty sure it was from selecting Direct Input from prefs. Now I can go kick some ^$$ /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Did you install your mouse drivers that came with the mouse ?? If so you shoud be about to get the scroll button to work for jump and weapons scroll or do like I did unistall the mouse driver that came with the mouse and it should work fine..

bullet2.gif

I am the one!!!!

underdog

Nov 25, 1999
Unreal Planet
Visit site
Yup! I'm having the same problems with my new
Logitech Cordless wheel mouse. In fact my other Logitech wheel mouse which I was using had worked just fine and then it all of a sudden stopped working so I thought that the wheel went bad so I went out and bought a
Logitech Cordless wheel mouse on Sunday and after starting UT I found that I had problems
with the wheel not responding **at all** so now also my assigned translocater key is not working ??? good grief :)

Munro

Nov 29, 1999
Visit site
Hey guys, your logitech mouses work fine... You need the new software. Go over to www.logitech.com, and get the newest mouseware (8.62 I think, and fully free now!). After you get this, there is another file there called game_whl.exe (or something close). This has a register fix that solves the wheel problems.... Or, manually, look for the registry entry MouseHookDll and set it to 0...

Lata

dolce916

Desmoquatro
Nov 25, 1999
KC, KS USA
www.velocimoto.com
well that was what was wierd..I had installed the latest update from logitech the night before installing UT...had the problem...tried some things..like forcing the wheel via the advanced options menu still no luck..then I selected the direct input option in the prefs..and rebooted..not sure if the rebooting helped or if it was the direct input. But then I tried it and the problem was fixed...since it worked on the demo I was thinking I might need to go back to my old drivers for my mouse?? Thanks alot though Munro..I will get that file too /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

dolce916

Desmoquatro
Nov 25, 1999
KC, KS USA
www.velocimoto.com
oh and one change I made was got rid of the webwheel feature from the new update..it crashed UT the first time I used the button. Besides it doesn't work on Neoplanet /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

bullet2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.