DR BOT's 100th ANNIVERSARY SUPER COMPITITION ULTRA MEGA BIG MAP EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hey Look at THis!

• Hey thats a great idea! Your cool!

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Wha? What are you talking about?

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Are you talking again?

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I like pancakes.

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

DrBot

Adept
Jan 20, 2001
Austin, TX
www.geocities.com
In high anticipation of my 100th post, I will be holding a weekly (or so) competition. Each competition will enforce mappers to use their skill and wits to make the best, choicest, keenest map within at least a week. Each competition will have a theme like: DM-Super Retro Pad, or CTF-Mega Skate Park, or something like that. Another judge and me will be judging on Playability, Architecture, Texturing, Weapon Layout, Lighting, and other stuff. So if you want to be that luck judge then be the first to post "Hey I want to be a judge".

aspie

It's all good baby.
Feb 24, 2001
Australia
What's the first theme then?

Any special conditions:

Filesize, player load, number rooms (or what ever is relevant), etc

DrBot

Adept
Jan 20, 2001
Austin, TX
www.geocities.com
IVE GOT THE STANDARDS!

OK HERE IS THE BASE:

The map will be some sort of a PIER and a BOARDWALK. Sort of like a fishing thing to it.

Must have these features:
2 PIERS
2 SMALL BUILDINGS (walkinable or not)
LIGHTS
SOUNDS (music and ambient)
PLAYABLE BOT SUPPORT
CAN BE ANY OF THE MODES OF PLAY (i.e. CTF, Deathmatch, Domination, etc.)
MUST SUPPORT ATLEAST 4 PLAYERS
err anything else i missed :D

Post screenies of ur map in proggress!

LET'S GET IT ON!

synergy

{ThC}XiKo
Dec 2, 2000
if you still need a judge, id like to help out. if not, ill just sit back and watch[i can't map]:D

aspie

It's all good baby.
Feb 24, 2001
Australia
Two things:

1. I don't the first comp should be pimped in case it fails miserably :(

2. If you've read the thread i made earlier (called Hmmm what do yout think) is it acceptable to use that as i started it on the weekend?

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
aspie: I think so. You'll have to add a lot of stuff to it anyway if you want it to look fishingish instead of just generally islandish.