OpenGL probs....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Akurei14

The Real Postal Dude
Mar 20, 2004
Bondsville, Mass
My UT2K3 & 4 bthr un beter for me under opengl, so I use that instead of DX. But now my editor won't work! Do I have to manualy change it back everytime I want to use the editor???

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Hey, there's no need to be rude. If no-ones replied, it means no-one knows how to help.

It could also be that we can't understand what you wrote in your first post: what does "bthr un beter" mean?

Last edited:

mrcamper99

Sep 24, 2003
Runs "Better" in opengl?? yack, how antique.

What video card are you using. What OS are you running? If its ATI or NVIDIA that was made in the last couple of years, you got something fubar'ed.

Check/Update video drivers and/or update your WIN OS and switch back to DX 9.0b

If its LINUX or a Pentium 100 w/ a Trident card, yep, you have to change each time.

Akurei14

The Real Postal Dude
Mar 20, 2004
Bondsville, Mass
My setup:
WinXp
onboard GeForce 4 64mb
onboard audio
56.64 drivers
have all updates for XP, and my mobo. I have DX9 installed.
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 2.08 proc.
All my drivers are up to date and I using the editor with 2K3

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
What kind of settings do you have on that? Since I play for the purpose of winning I tend to have every on what I call "mush" settings. Basically, everything turned down. I get about 40-50 fps on my machine. Try upping your memory to about 128mb on your onboard. Turn on low quality sound as you have an onboard sound card. Don't have Hardware sound or the other types of hardware sound features (3D positional).

It is the fact you have onboard sound + onboard video which is killing your FPS, if you don't turn these to a minimum. BTW, the GF4 is an MX onboard, so that is a DX7 type chip, which doesn't help at all. I don't think there is a GF4 Ti (DX 8) onboard version.

Lastly, are you complaining about poor fps because you aren't getting 100fps like in Quake 3? People seem to equate poor fps if their fps isn't above 60.

Akurei14

The Real Postal Dude
Mar 20, 2004
Bondsville, Mass
Im dude I said nothing bout Quake 3, I just wanna know if I can run the Editor without switching back from openGl every dang time.

mrcamper99

Sep 24, 2003
Akurei14 said:
Im dude I said nothing bout Quake 3, I just wanna know if I can run the Editor without switching back from openGl every dang time.

ok, now that we know what your system setup is and all, we can answer your question intelligently.

YOU HAVE TO SWITCH BACK EVERY DANG TIME.

Next question.

Last edited: