Penny Arcade salutes.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
20011105h.gif

T

Terminal {DTH}

i dont get it. :confused:

and whare do you Get those anyhoe? "/

Gamma_Sword

Terrible, Terrible Damage!
Feb 12, 2001
Not There
Originally posted by Terminal {DTH}
i dont get it. :confused:

and whare do you Get those anyhoe? "/

From my guess, it must be something about demise of SNK... and these pics are from Penny Arcade.

Hopefully I'm wrong here; SNK did produce some 1337 games.

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
tedious fighting games mostly

some of the cool neo-geo 'SNK' stuff people assume they made was actually produced by contracters or outside developers.

That Penny Arcade is (as usual) about as funny as seeing the family dog run over.

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
by "tedious fighting games" you mean games that require skill not down down-forward forward and 3 punches to take off a good 4th of the life bar aka marvel vs streetfighter?

SNK refined the art of the 2d fighter. Capcom continues to shovel crap out.

And not only fighters...have you ever played metalslug?

I will never understand the game industry. Kill the good stuff (look at all the wargame companies that have gone under) and shovel out crap.

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
king of the fighers 94-2000
garou (or as it was known here fatal fury)
samurai showdown
the list goes on and on

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
yes indeed, metal slug...

....made by Nazca

If by 'refine' you mean making crap 3d & handheld versions of their old neo-geo games then I guess you're right :)

SF2 Turbo was the last decent 1 on 1 game capcom made

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Samurai showdown was the only series I really liked by SNK that I can think of.

It sucks when any game company goes out of business though. Even if you don't like the games someone else might.

Only person I know that no one would mind going away is John Romero. :D Daikatan owns j00 :rolleyes: