Unreal Level Editor 2 Runtime

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

giliadora

Nov 21, 2004
Anyone know any way i can transfer something made with the unreal lvl editor to the unreal runtime? I tried the runtime forum but haven't got a reply yet. plz help me out. :(

giliadora

Nov 21, 2004
Alright as i see from the lack of posts maybe this cannot be done. :(
Does anyone then know a way to play a map without having unreal installed on your computer like lets say i make a map and want a family member or someone else to watch/play it. Can this be done?

Magus_CT83

Angel of Darkness
Jul 22, 2004
As far as watching, you could make a demo...how exactly you would go about it I'm not sure...theres plenty of ways, but as far as playing it...I don't think thats possible....legally lol. I'm pretty sure they would need a copy of it to just play your map...but as far as making a demo im sure there are plenty of screen capturing programs out there that can make a movie of you playing it yourself..hope that helps

giliadora

Nov 21, 2004
Oh oh that sounds intresting! Can u name one of those screen capture programs? I'll download it right away! Thanks a lot!! :D

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
The runtime is uncompatible with the UT2004 maps specifically so that you cannot play UT2004 maps with the runtime, if you could there wouldn't be much point in buying UT2004 would there? ;)

On the other hand, if all the content in the map is your own I can't see any reason why it would actually be illegal to port the map over, after all you could just build it in the runtime editor to begin with. You might try exporting as .t3d and re-importing in the runtime editor, that could easily be disabled for runtime though, I've never tried it.