Problem with 436 patch.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wizall

Oct 6, 2001
Eugene, OR
Visit site
When the file asks for the CD, it says that the botpack.u is the unexpected file. Does this mean my CD is bogus? I just tried it thus summer on a different computer. I'm running win2k, now..maybe that's the problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: Okay, after reading the topic "read before you post in trouble shooting" (after I post in troubleshooting)..I'll list some basic system configs..

1.4ghz tbird..
512 Crucial RAm
ecs k7s5a mobo...
gf2 pro 64 ddr (msi)
plextor 16\10\40 (latest firmware)..

My version of UT was purchased in the the winter of '99 (pretty old)...

Ummm..I don't expect to find anything immediately on the board the 436 patch as been out for a while....

Last edited by a moderator:

Wizall

Oct 6, 2001
Eugene, OR
Visit site
Yea....I don't think it's the mobo either..I've got all the chipset drivers and what not..I haven't flashed the bios yet..so that MIGHT be it, but I highly doubt it. It seems to be a problem with the file ont he cd..i'm going to try one more time reinstalling...and i dled the file again from a totally different site.

edit: are you also running win2k? I have heard a rumor that there are problems with it and win2k..but I also know a lot of people that have no problems, either...I also have all the MS suggested critical updates...

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
i havnt flashed the BIOS.
im running...
1.0 ghz AMD Athlon T-bird, downclocked to 750 mhz, 266 FSB (power issues, need new Power Supply)
EliteGroup k7s5a mobo
256 meg SDRam PC133 (hoping to upgrade to DDR soon)
Voodoo 3 3000 (using the G.O.D Drivers
Windows XP Professional
Built In Soundcard (my old one was ISA)

Wizall

Oct 6, 2001
Eugene, OR
Visit site
OKay..and Update..
I reinstalled and everything several times...I tried out on my old k6-2 300 and it worked fine...It has 98fe, btw....So I was thinkin my cd-rom is bogus..I switch them out..and i still get the same ****..uuggghh..irritating...

edit: i just don't understand why it would say it was corrupt one computer when it's the same cdrom and the same disk...it doesn't make any sense...