[U.S. Gamers] Buy Prince of Persia, get Splinter Cell for Free

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KJAX

Gamer 4 Life
Excellent deal if you have neither of these games..

So far, only two places are currently in on these deal. One is Circuit City.

Here's the back page of this week's ad. Also note that Beyond Good and Evil is $9.99 for the PS2. I'm passing on that deal in favor of the Gamecube version.

040104_04_si73b.jpg

The other place offering the Pop deal is from the publisher themselves, Ubisoft.

http://store.ubi.com/item.jsp?item=PERSIACELL_PC&category=HOME

By the way, Ubisoft is the only place offering the deal across all platforms (PC, GC, PS2, and XBOX). Circuit City is only offering the deal across the PS2 and XBOX.

KJAX

Gamer 4 Life
TossMonkey said:
Ubisoft must have a special deal going on with some of the retailers cause PoP, XIII, Splinter Cell and their other top titles are all dirt cheap here too.

Cool, dude. Ubisoft has had a good Christmas season for games. They released PoP, XIII, and Beyond Good and Evil all within a month and all of them are, imho, good if not great games.

Bean 3:16

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
I already got PoP...dang it. I've been kinda late on the SC bandwagon. I'll just hafta buy it sooner or later. Luckily, PoP is amazing, and good point with BGE. XIII wasn't anything special at all to me. I am working through BGE, and wow...I hate its greatness.

KJAX

Gamer 4 Life
Bean316 said:
I already got PoP...dang it. I've been kinda late on the SC bandwagon. I'll just hafta buy it sooner or later. Luckily, PoP is amazing, and good point with BGE. XIII wasn't anything special at all to me. I am working through BGE, and wow...I hate its greatness.

XIII wan't anything special to me either. However, I will say its a solid title and if I spot a great bargain for it, I will pick it up.

Speaking of great bargains, Dope, you need to register for the forums at the Cheapassgamer website, then check out their current Circuit City thread. I snagged Panzer Dragoon Orta for $10 new because of this thread. :)

I was able to take advantage of two CC promotions last week. The first promotion was buy 2, get $10 off, buy 3, get $20 off for console software. The second promotion, which is still going on this week, was 50% select console titles (aka older titles). Orta was $15 (half price) then went down to $10 once I added the other promotion with FFX ($15...down from $20..needed a replacement copy).

Other games that were half off besides Orta included Final Fantasy Origins (PS1...$15) and Legaia 2: Duel Saga (PS2...$15).

KJAX

Gamer 4 Life
The Dopefish said:
Yeah, people are getting bundles of games (3, 4, 5) for under $30. It's redoinkulous.

And CC is bad about keeping up with markdowns. A copy of Unlimited Saga still had it original $49.99 tag on it and I know the game is now just $19.99 or lower.

Of course, Unlimited Saga is a game for hardcore RPGers only.

By the way, just a heads up for those of you interested in BG&E for the PS2: it does have frame rate issues which is why I am not getting the game for the PS2. Then again, it might be good to grab it for a trade-in deal at EB or Gamestop. :)

Last edited:

KJAX

Gamer 4 Life
hal said:

:tup: Yes, yes, you da man. :)

And now they need guidance, hal, on where they can take advantage of this great deal. Surprisingly, it's the publisher who is actually offering the best deal since you can get any of the major platorm releases from them including the PC.

By the way, EB is now officially offering the deal but just across the three major consoles.

Last edited:

KJAX

Gamer 4 Life
I know I may regret this for about a week (since I'm low on money) but Beyond Good and Evil has now dropped to $19.99 at Amazon, Best Buy, and EB. All versions of the game have dropped to this price. Of course, if you want the PS2 version (the weakest of them all) your best bet is still Circuit City this week.

Why is the price of this game being lowered? Well, there's a rumor I spotted here saying the game will be discontinued due to poor holiday sales. In response to this rumor (and since I was going to get the game anyway), I just snagged a copy from Best Buy online. I had the wonderful pleasure of playing the PC demo and loved it. That pleasure will continue on the 'cube.

Please check out the PC demo at Filefront.

*edit and update* According to Ubisoft, the game is not being discontinued but being discounted due to poor sales. Ubisoft also said that EB has decided to stop carrying the game and guy from Ubi seems to be a bit peeved at EB for doing this. Source: IGN

Last edited: