Yo Dick Clark, Imma Let You Finish, But The Band Singer, Levon Helms, Dead At 71

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I can't believe Dick Clark is winning. :(

For those not in the know or too young to remember, go watch The Last Waltz (directed by Martin Scorcese). There's some tremendous musicianship on display. And remember, these legends that show up to guest-star are huge fans themselves.

The history of The Band is interesting enough, but it's most important to realize what an impact they made with their own sound and style. While everyone else was doing psychedelia in the late 60's (apologies to CCR and the Dead), The Band was busy kicking some ass their own way.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Never really a fan of "The Band", but he was a local resident around here, and by all accounts a pretty good guy, so RIP Mr. Helm.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Never really a fan of "The Band", but he was a local resident around here, and by all accounts a pretty good guy, so RIP Mr. Helm.

They were definitely not everyone's cup of tea. Scorcese's documentary "The Last Waltz" is worth a look for just about everyone though. Some of the guest stars might have a more direct appeal:

Eric Clapton
Neil Diamond
Bob Dylan
Joni Mitchell
Neil Young
Emmylou Harris
Ringo Starr
Paul Butterfield
Dr. John
Van Morrison
Ronnie Hawkins
Staple Singers
Muddy Waters
Ron Wood

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
yeah I could never get into The Band, they didn't really do anything for me.

I've see the Scorcese concert film too, but it didn't change my opinion much.
good group. a little boring.

RIP Levon.