Why do these mutators not work? (+2 small questions) - UT04

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Game_Master001

Jan 21, 2008
I downloaded Nuclear Strike (makes Target Painters hella fun), and Weaponstuff (so I can change many things with the weapons). I put the files in the correct places (in total: two .u, one .ucl and one .int: all in the system folder), but the mutators won't show up, and Target Painters work like they normally work (and the upgraded version doesn't show up in the Arena mutator). How do I get these mutators to appear?

P.s. there's this Angel Fire Superweapons pack for Unreal Tournament 2003, that has a fun little weapon called the Baby Nuke. Is this weapon available for UT04 too (or how do I convert it)? And there's also a modification of ONS-MassDestruction: a nuclear version which has a fun Redeemer. The map's fully playable including the modified Redeemer, but it isn't selectable in Arena. How do I make it selectable?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Don't they just work in UT2004? It has quite a good backwards compatibility.
About the weapon from the map: you either have to google and see if it was released standalone or just extract all the code - change from myLevel to a package name you want and it should work, then all you need is to create a mutator for using it (or just use the Arena mut).

Game_Master001

Jan 21, 2008
Thanks for the replies. Hopefully someone will convert it (as I guess it'd be too hard for me?). About the "search in MyLevel", is the weapon stored at a specific place, or won't it be that easy when never having used UnrealEditor yet?

And what about the 2 mutators (OR: one mutator and one weapon) in the first part of my post, why don't they work (or why does that upgraded Target Painter not show up in Arena)? How to fix it? I know both should work: WeaponStuff is a decently-known mutator. And while I've never heard about Nuclear Strike until 2 days ago, I read a number of positive reactions, without negative ones (and I saw some vids, which is how I found it).

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
The weapon is usually compiled into the map. Extracting isn't hard actually, you just need to rename classes. But you have to set up UnrealScript, and also use something like UTPT to copy-paste the code into a new class.

Game_Master001

Jan 21, 2008
I've found the nuke that's in the mentioned MassDestruction level. I put the .u file in the right folder (the system folder of UT04), but it doesn't show in the Arena mutator, just like that other weapon. They don't show in the Weapons list in Options either. But I know they should work! I've seen that at some reliable sources.
So (what also the main question was): Why don't they show up? How can I get UT04 to recognize the weapons? (at least the Arena mutator, but I take it UT04 recognizes the files too, then).