Maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[DiE]tONfisk

Death Is Eternal
Jun 12, 2001
Sweden
Visit site
This is a very annoying problem. Almost every server refuses to send maps (understandable), so you can't DL it from them. However, when I headed over to realmaps to get some new fresh maps to our clanserver, I noticed that realmaps uses fileplanet. The wait time was almost 1 hour! And that is just too long. So I headed over to some other places, same there... Fileplanet. The only place I found that hosted the maps themselves where sobservers, but they hadnt what I was looking for. If it's a popular map, most likely you know someone that can send it to you. But if it's a rare map, it's very hard to get... If you don't wan't to get in the fileplanet queue. Is there anyone out there that know a site wich has many maps (rare) that doesn't store their maps at fileplanet?

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
I've been considering setting up some mirrors for a while.. unfortunately gamespy forces us to use fileplanet for all of our downloads. We have to use fileplanet, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.. we can use other services in addition to fileplanet, but fileplanet has to be the primary download source.

btw I haven't seen a wait time > 1 minute in about a week.. ?

Mike

the_resistance

Gun in hand, ready to die!
Jun 19, 2001
Visit site
what about fileleech.com... i don't know if they're free or what they charge, but are always up and there is never a wait time...

just something to look into.

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
have you gone to the SOB downloads section?

-Go to www.sobservers.com

-Click SOB HTTP File Server under downloads section

-Open Infiltration Directory

-Open InfiltrationUT Directory

-Open Maps&Textures Directory
>More maps are in the Real Maps Directory in this section also

that server is usally fast and has a lot of maps that aren't on Real Maps, that some clan servers run.

[DiE]tONfisk

Death Is Eternal
Jun 12, 2001
Sweden
Visit site
LP: The last days it has been 40 min avg wait time for me :(

Chan: I dont remember being in that dir... Gotta take a look. Ty!

And btw, I waited 50 mins to get Trenches last night... DSL powah eh? :D

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
Strange. You must be downloading in peak times, or something.

But anyways, file leech is dead, and has been for a long time. Besides there's no way I'm waiting up to 5 business days for my file to appear. w/ FP it appears the second my upload is finished.

Mike