UT3 2.0 Patch and Titan Pack Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
My only issue right now is with CTF-Morbid (which is basiclaly CTF in Morbias with titan doors blocking the lower hallways). If you play this on greed, you have to use hammer jumps (unless im just stupid and cant see another way) to get up to the upper level since there's no transloactor. Some other maps that depend a lot on the xloc won't work well in greed either.

Princess_Die

Always Out Numbered... Never Out Gunned
Feb 22, 2006
My only issue right now is with CTF-Morbid (which is basiclaly CTF in Morbias with titan doors blocking the lower hallways). If you play this on greed, you have to use hammer jumps (unless im just stupid and cant see another way) to get up to the upper level since there's no transloactor. Some other maps that depend a lot on the xloc won't work well in greed either.

jumpboots.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I didnt see any jumpboots in the bases, unless the bots kept taking them. But for some reason they never left the room.

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
Hmm. Post-patch, I can't get through a game without UT3 crashing. It's never crashed before, so that's a bummer. I may have to do a full reinstall to make sure everything's good. Kinda irritating!

jayoplus

Feb 20, 2008
Morbid has jump boots in the center... where the redeemer is on Morbias (if I'm not mistaken).

I actually like the use of the simple spam map to emphasize the Titan mutator. Fire it up with 19 additional bots and go crazy.

Go&nd

Meow
Jul 3, 2002
Visit site
Hmm... seem to lose all controls when I enter a game.

I can navigate the menus fine, but once a map loads, the only keys that work are ctrl-alt-del. D'oh!

I didn't have a problem before the patch and other apps and games work fine.

I've double checked my key binds in the menus and everything appears correct.

Anybody else experience this or have any suggestions as to what might be causing this for me?

For now, the patch has rendered the game unplayable for me, which is killing me because I desperately want to try out all the new content. :(

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
I'm at work and I have school after work...so I have a long wait to download from steam and try this out....I'm trying to be optimistic that I can bring players to my server with new content and maybe the greed gametype

Any word on a linux server release on this so I can update my server??

Last edited:

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
Dito.. have the same problem with that key settings. But it is not only that.. nothing seems to be saved, after you quit the game. AFAIK this was a former bug from one of the first versions of the game. Very Weired. I hope now for a quick fix.

U

Unregistered

Anyone else notice that in the room with snow in Turbine, the lightning is different/the screen filter is off and everything looks more lush and colorful?
I havn't been keeping up to date with the Unreal world much so it might have been done, but a mutator that makes it look like that all the time would be awesome. Or maybe there's an option to turn of these gray/bleak yellow/red-ifying filters in the new more advanced options?
I mean, I still really like UT3 but the graphical direction was a letdown to me.

Dogger

Oct 4, 2004
If you havent already, uncheck the enable bloom and depth of field option. The game looks smart as now, makes the whole game brighter and nicer looking IMO, plus now i can see other people at the end of the map and also in water. I think this option alone could bring back a competative playerbase.

Last edited:

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
Hm...

bugcity_candytarts2.jpg

Last edited:

Go&nd

Meow
Jul 3, 2002
Visit site
The menu settings save for me. This seems to be fixed finally.

But it doesn't matter what the menu settings say when I can't do anything whatsoever as soon as a map loads. :/

Yes, I tested both logging in and selecting "offline" mode. In both cases, my binds appear correctly within the key binding area. In both cases, I lose all control once a map loads.

I mean I lose ALL control. I can't even get back to the menus. My only way out is to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and close the game.

It isn't that the rendering is locking. The sound and visuals are fine. I can see weapons rotating at their pickup and such. I just can't move or do anything whatsoever.

Last edited: