Alpha Test DM-Downtown

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
the last version had an impossible subway system. Tell me if this new subway will work (bare in mind only 8 moverstops allowed). the whole level is completely bright btw (alpha-stage).

if it won't work, could you provide some alternatives¿

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Ag, that was messy :( Maybe the lighting will help it out.
Can I recommend you get ahold of some Tactical Ops texture packages, and Plutonic's Urban texture set too? You need much more textures to pull this off. Very repetitive :(

Um, jumping down into a subway thing and then not being able to get back up is a pain in the arse :(

I'm not a fan of this kind of level, so don't expect much positive feedback from me :/

Also look at the City and citytex packages...what else...i dunno, just pick one form of textures i guess, i don't like it when ppl mix slums with uttech 1 and especially uttech 2. Futuristic or not, i'd pick one.

Then again this is all IMO, so feel free to insult me :)

...I wish i could think of more, but an Alpha version desires more :)

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
Originally posted by Chrysaor
...Um, jumping down into a subway thing and then not being able to get back up is a pain in the arse...

Um, that is an elevator shaft. You will have to wait til i construct the actual elevators.

and please expect that the textures will indeed change. i haven't started looking really into textures, but i will have to check out the ones you mentioned, thankx.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
okay, i didn't want to be rash, cuz i wasn't sure what order you did things in. I mean the long subway opening things...with the hazard trim around them...looked like a height of 96...

It wasn't the elevator shaft, i know where that is...hmm...maybe i should get a screenie...

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
ok, now i see what you are saying. yeah, i kinda map like everyone uses the translocator, but i never put much thought into that. i can make it a jumps distance, that would be better i guess.

Im trying to get this subway geometry the way it's supposed to be during this so called alpha-stage. alpha being that it is barely playable, but not ready for bug testing

about the subway system that takes a cornering turn, is that possible, or should i just get rid of 'em¿