Darwin Awards

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
Checked out Darwinawards.com and found this little nugget:
Gun Safety Training

2000 Darwin Awards
Confirmed True by Darwin

(28 February 2000, Texas) A Houston man earned a succinct lesson in gun safety when he played Russian Roulette with a .45-caliber semiautomatic pistol on Monday. 19-year-old Rashaad was visiting friends when he announced his intention to play the deadly game. He apparently did not realize that a semiautomatic pistol, unlike a revolver, automatically inserts a cartridge into the firing chamber when the gun is cocked. His chance of winning a round of Russian Roulette was zero, as he quickly discovered.

www.DarwinAwards.com © 1997 - 2000

What some people do to get attention borders on pure insanity and a good dose not so common sense.

Cunubelin

------------------
The Old Lie;
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
LMAO!

I like the one with the russian police officers... they just got a new type of body armor, so one told the other to stab him in the vest with a knife, it went right through and killed him.

[This message has been edited by DeadeyeDan[ToA] (edited 03-21-2000).]

Kingrames

Feb 28, 2000
Richardson, TX 75080
It is healthy that we can laugh at this stuff, right? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
Darkness
Imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell...

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
Sure! That's what the darwin awards are for... (another member of ToA is a youth pastor in Portland, he laughs at them too- so it's definately ok)...

'sides, it's just mother nature at work, natural selection and survival of the fittest, etc.

. )

Corin

Jan 26, 2000
San Jose, CA
Visit site
Hence the name,

"Darwin" Awards.

I thought I was the only one who knew about these, glad to hear that I am not a sicko for being amused by some of the amazingly stupid things people can do.

One of the 1999 Darwin Awards Honorable Mentions was a poor poor boy whose girlfriend decided to use peanut butter to spice up the sex, apparently the couple were not aware of the dog being in the room. Suffice it to say, the dog had some stitches on his belly and a love of peanut butter, while the guy had some stitches on his crotch and a fear of dogs from then on.

Ouch! /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

Twinkacide

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
Only problem with the Darwin Awards is they're full of mutated Urban Legends, like that peanut butter one. Despite the claims of veracity often made, quite a few of them are debunked each year by alt.folklore.urban.

Don't have the time to look for the writeup on the peanut butter one, but look in the Beatiality section of www.snopes.com, it's in there somewhere.

deathren

Dusty ****er.
Nov 26, 1999
Anchorage, Alaska
I heard one about an idiot who was trying to pound in a nail with a .45, shot himself in the face (No, his head did not go flying, you have been playing too much UT.)

------------------
"Out of darkness,
Out of Mind, Cast down into the halls of the blind!"
-The book of the blind, Game Diablo

Dragon

Nov 12, 1999
VA. USA
dragondesigns.8m.com
I just love the Darwin Awards. Over the years I have heard some really great ones. There are some really STUPID people out there. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
Dragon
Infiltration Texture Artist
People do not fear Dragons for thier Power, it's thier Wisdom