GTAIV thread anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
GTA4 has a story too...?

I don't know if you played the original Mafia, but the game was literally like playing through an interactive movie. It had such a good narrative, it sucked you right into the game world and made you feel like you were actually there.

GTA games have never been that deep in terms of story, they were always more about the sandbox gameplay and the endless series of mini games.

I'm not saying that GTA4 won't have a good story, I just think that the creators of Mafia are more focused on the storyline rather than implementing 5 million new features and mini games into their game.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I don't know if you played the original Mafia, but the game was literally like playing through an interactive movie. It had such a good narrative, it sucked you right into the game world and made you feel like you were actually there.

Damn straight. Mafia 2 will be such total win.

Mafia was, and still is, one of the top best single player games I've ever had the pleasure of playing through. Profound storytelling, characters you could believe in (superb voice acting w/ a backstory!), outstanding plot development, diverse missions that spared no chance for action.
You actually wanted to watch every minute of the cutscenes in Mafia, amazing stuff.

On the topic of GTA4, I'm really looking forward to it. Not necessarily hyped because anything can become a let down, but I've loved the GTA series since it went 3D more and more. 3 was awesome, Vice City was awesomer, and San Andreas was superawesome numero uno. I still hop in SA now and again to blow off some steam.
The GTA games still lead the pack in the genre of nearly complete open-ended gameplay. I love the scope of the games and freedom of action, which unless Rockstar just comes down with Alzheimer's while making IV, will be represented in all it's glory with further updated graphics.

Those who say it looks "last gen" need to get their panties straightened out, GTA games have always been more about gameplay than looks.

Oh and PC games > console games any day.

Yeah it looks ok, I want to play assassins creed!

Assassin's Creed is terrible. Perfect example of over-hyped, it's all graphics and no gameplay. Mash the same 2 buttons in very repetitive combat situations and there's no true stealth and sneaking aspect like there is in say a Splinter Cell game. Save your money.

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
I'm buying it for my little brother ( I owe him a birthday gift after all ) for his PS3.

I'll play it if I get the chance after he's passed out from non-stop gaming, but I'm waiting for the PC version.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
bleh, why do developers let us wait so long when clearly warez sites are a hell of a lot faster?

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Nines, your a lucky one, evryone else has to wait until TUESDAY!!!

I usually get preorders one day earlier, at least where I order from. I'm guessing they send it a bit early to make sure it's delivered in time for release. :p

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
You mean you can use pirated discs and be on live or psn?

I know it's possible on Live, but expect to get banned at some point, especially when you play a game that's not out yet.

edit: not that I want to support warezing, I am just angry that the warezkiddies can play gta4 since 3 days while the good customers got to wait.

edit2: damn I am so not acting sober today even though I am... your xbox stores information that is sent to live whenever you go online. So even if a warezkiddie does not go online he can get banned since word got to microsoft that he'S played, e.g., gta4 before release. Nine could be lumped into the warezkiddie that has to be banned category if he goes online too soon.

Last edited:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Ahhh you were replying to him, yeah okay I get that. I dont see why they would ban you for paying for a game no matter when you get it, but who knows in this day and age. Seems kinda sucky to me :p

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I know it's possible on Live, but expect to get banned at some point, especially when you play a game that's not out yet.

Yeah, like that "lucky" guy who grabbed BioShock from Toys R' us like 3 days before the official release date IIRC. Someone surely got fired, and they got sued I think.

Vers Vlees

Oohhh a custom title
Nov 30, 2002
The Netherlands
www.versvlees.owns.it
Um...

Because they don't have a console.
Because it will probably run smoother on PC.
Because of mouse control.
Because of modding.
Because most PC gamers are whiny bitches.

I dont know if it will run smoother on the PC? It's still going to be a console port after all. Besides we PC geezers have to wait a year anyway.

ah well atleast This is Vegas can entertain us for a while until GTAIV.