Underground Interactive - MVPB- UT2007 Conversion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Deadlyassasin

Mvpb Leader
Jan 28, 2003
MD
www.mvpb.net
Team Overview

Underground Interactive is a new development team, composed of the remaining members of the Maximum Velocity Paintball Team Our goal is to create a dedicated development team, to work on the upcoming MVPB UT2K7 conversion, and future projects.

Website
www.mvpb.net
http://mods.moddb.com/388/ - MODDB Profile
www.underground-interactive.net (Coming Soon)

Project Overview

Genre: First Person Shooter
Engine: Unreal 3 Engine – (UT2K7)
Inspiration: The entire sport of Paintball. Magazines, DVDs, Recreation and Tournament resources.
Team : Underground Interactive

Design Document
http://mvpb.intimidatorowners.com/designdocument

Concept
Maximum Velocity Paintball is an Unreal Tournament 2007 paintball conversion & modification. Our team goal is to create a paintball mod that is both realistic and fun. With team based center flag, capture the flag, and elimination game play featuring realistic markers, animations, field designs, and game play; all without the welts! This mod fits the simulation of the many types of paintball featuring Tournament play, Recreational play, and all around fun game play.

Project State
Rebuilding & Planning Phase
Organizing Team, Finalize TMS (Team Management System), Planning

Compensation
Accreditation only
* Your contribution will be accredited within the game, of course
* You will experience development with a dedicated, experienced mod team, and through this modification you are able to work with people in the paintball industry and benefit from their support and experience.

Talent Needed

Programmers (Unreal Script)
Required to implement custom engine features, as well as general implementation of content

Programmers will be required to expand the UE3 code base as well as write new code for custom features. A good understanding unreal script and is required, and a basic understanding of C++ is a plus.

Later on programmers will be involved in bug-testing and debugging the alpha/beta versions and final release candidate.

Conceptual Artists
Required to create conceptual designs of weapons, player models, environments, etc. These designs may require more then one view.

Technical Artists(Skins, Textures, Etc)
Technical Artists will be required to work on textures for static meshes, weapon skins, and other misc 2-D Artwork. General Experience in UnrealED,
Photoshop, and 3D Studio Max is required.

3-D Artists(Modelers)
Required to create Weapon Models, Static Meshes, and other 3-D work. This position requires experience in 3D Studio Max, Maya, and other Modeling programs. These artists will also work with programmers, and technical artists to get the models skinned, and in game, as well as make changes or new static meshes for the level design team.

Character Artists(Model Characters & Rigging)
Required to create player models based on either conceptual sketches, or photos of actual paintball players. Experience is required in 3D Studio Max, Maya, and other Modeling Programs.

Animators
Required to work with models in first-person, and third-person views to create custom animations for both weapon, and character models. Experience in 3D Studio Max is required and experience in UnrealED is a plus.

Level Designers
This position requires experienced level designers in UnrealED. Level designers will be expected to create original interactive level designs, as well as replica fields inspired by actual field designs. Also level designers are expected to help test and tweak their levels to fix known bugs.

Current Members
CJ "Deadlyassasin" Ponzo - Project Lead, 2D Artist, PR & Planning
Sysrq - Co Leader, Webmaster, TMS
Roger "Axe56" Crain - Lead Level Designer, Static Meshes, 2D Art
Simo - 3D Artist, Technical Art, Level Design
Yoshi - 2D Artist, Interface, Hud, Logos, Etc

Contact Information
E-Mail : showoff@gmail.com or sysrq@mvpb.net
MSN : undergroundpb@hotmail.com

Please use either of these methods to contact me if you are interested in either of the above positions.

Below are Examples of Some of Our Work

tournyballer.jpg

dm4andomen.jpg

meadows01.jpg

meadows04.jpg

mvpb-hyperball4.jpg

Last edited:

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
This is looking mos tpromising, but I'm wondering, those aren't in-game screenshots, right?

Also, don't forget the new tech 2k7 will heavily rely on, the normalmap like rendering with lightmaps.

And to be a total nitpick:p, some trees in that map shot don't have leaves and branches at the top, it looks strange and out of place. The first paintball guns look very slick, especially the red one.

I assume different types of weapons have different specifics like range, power and accuracy? Also, I'd like to see some of the rifle types.

Deadlyassasin

Mvpb Leader
Jan 28, 2003
MD
www.mvpb.net
XepptizZ said:
This is looking mos tpromising, but I'm wondering, those aren't in-game screenshots, right?

Also, don't forget the new tech 2k7 will heavily rely on, the normalmap like rendering with lightmaps.

And to be a total nitpick:p, some trees in that map shot don't have leaves and branches at the top, it looks strange and out of place. The first paintball guns look very slick, especially the red one.

I assume different types of weapons have different specifics like range, power and accuracy? Also, I'd like to see some of the rifle types.

Thanks for the positive comments. Some shots of the levels were taken in game in UT2K4 which they were previously made for, some maps screenshots were taken in UnrealED. I agree with you on the trees and will suggest that to Axe.

As far as the weapons, All the weapons shoot the same velocity 300fps so the range is about the same on the markers, however rate of fire, accuracy, weight, reliability of each marker is different.

I would love to make a map for you guys. I'm currently working on a few UT2006 maps. Once 2k7 is released, if you guys are still around, I'll make sure to hit you up. With SpeedTree being used, some very awsome new maps will be available. I'm just wondering thou, is this mod popular? How many people play this? Are you expecting a large number of players?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You guys should really use a different theme set than antalus's one. Especialy the grass textures and trees. Just my oppinion.
Seems very open too, i wonder if you guys even planed Z axis based maps.

Deadlyassasin

Mvpb Leader
Jan 28, 2003
MD
www.mvpb.net
Thanks for the suggestions, and we look forward to seeing maps from our community, and non team members. Our community is pretty strong, obviously we could build it quite a bit but with the lack of updates and media as we are in the planning stage it can be boring. I will show my Head Mapper this thread so he can review your suggestions. Again we appreciate them and hope to see you in our community and forums when the time comes :-D.

Deadlyassasin

Mvpb Leader
Jan 28, 2003
MD
www.mvpb.net
Sorry to bring an old mod back up but the MVPB team is hoping now that summer is near we can find dedicated team members to bring our mod to life. We have a few guys from our team who are taking additional classes in school and will be available to work harder in the summer. Things have been slow and we still need to complete our team to begin real production.