circular hallway question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt_Tripps

Nov 26, 1999
www.minot.com
I'm creating a circular room with a circular hallway surrounding it, seperated by hallways to and fro. Unfotunately the circular hallway freaks out and does not show the floor in places, in other places you can see the floor, but fall through. And in other places the geometry is off.
The circular hallway has flat areas, areas with gentle slopes, and areas with straight drops. I've tried a straight tube with added geometry, a single clean subtracted cylinder (vertexes manipulated for height).

Any ideas? What am I doing that is making it freak?

Thanks.

Capt_Tripps

Nov 26, 1999
www.minot.com
Thanks. I got the hallway to work. It seemed that the vertical drops were the problem. What I did was to raise one section of the floor up and pull the next section along the hallway underneath it for the vertical drops I neded. I pulled the bottom pairs out a little bit and it seems to work now.

Cammy

Nymphomaniac
Nov 24, 1999
Singapore
Visit site
I think it would be better if you used the 2D shape editor instead to create circular hallways. Try http://unreal.gamedesign.net/tutorials/3/wolftut3.html
This tutorial will teach you how. Good luck!

bullet2.gif

Creme du Cammy. For soft, tender skin.