Installing INF 2.9 on a Mac

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ovw

Oct 18, 2000
Central Florida
Hi All,

I am posting this a second time. How do you install INF 2.9 on a Mac? I am running OS 10.2.8. I HAVE my cd, but there is only one, and it is full of .exe files, which don't do a whole lot on my computer. I recall reading somewhere that I needed a second cd, but whereand how do I get it?

Thanks in advance,

OVW

BA Baracus

I pity the fool!
Oct 17, 2000
texas
www.giantsofscience.org
sentry put up a web page before the cd shipped for people to confirm their addresses. this page also allowed you to inform them you needed the mac install disc. an email should have been sent about this to the address you ordered with.

try emailing daddybone or just downloading the mac install

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
And then enjoy a slow and almost unplayable game, thanks to the UTX launcher. If you can boot into OS9, it seems like that's the way to go. I can tell you from experience (installing 2.9 on 3 macs, running OSX) that it's not worth it. I could see through all of my guns and it just ran really poorly. If you can dual boot, might want to try that first. I don't think OSX will ever run 2.9 unless somebody picks up the UTX project (that has been in public beta3 for 2 years ;/).

Daniel-BoonieHat

Dec 9, 2003
I didn't get a Mac CD either even though I confirmed it twice, I downloaded the installer so no biggie now. I'd prefer to run Inf in Mac OS 9.2.2 but when I try running the game it gives a message "Unreal Tournament can't be launched because it is not an application." UT is updated to the 436 patch and runs fine by itself so...? Anyone know what my problem might be?

Update: Okay, I found the fix in the know problems post. :)

Last edited:

bet011

Dec 28, 2003
Help with Mac Launcher

I downloaded the .bin installer, but unfortunately I was unable to install using this method, because my hard drive does not have any free space on it, and my unreal tournament is on my second drive. I looked this up in the manual, and it had this listed as a bug. The site said I could download the .zip file and install Infiltration manually, the .zip file works for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux. So i did that, i installed the files included in the .zip archive, but it did not include any mac launcher. I have tried to find a link to just the launcher somewhere online and have had no luck. Any help anyone?