Unreal + co-op...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAthens

Nov 13, 1999
Visit site
I know i'm probably stupid on this one, but how do i start a co-op game from the very beginning.. Meaning, I want to start a co-op, at the begining of the game, so that me and a bud can beat the game, over my LAN. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

LordAthens

M

Mr Shambler

Firstly, you need to make sure you can connect to each other in a game of Unreal. Just start a multiplayer game on any map, then have your friend try to join it using the Multiplayer>Join Game menu. This could be hard to get working, I had to look around tech support sites to solve some problems with IP addresses.

Once you have that working, just go to Multiplayer>Start Game menu, then change Select Game to "Coop Game". Then select a single player map from the option below that, then start the game. Then your friend can just join that game as normal, and it will be in coop mode. You can also select the game speed and choose the difficulty in the Configure Game option in that same menu.

bullet2.gif

Unreal, Na Pali and custom map speedrun demos at
TEAMShambler FPS Demos and Discussion

The Shambler also reviews Unreal SP levels at Nali City

LordAthens

Nov 13, 1999
Visit site
Thanks guys. I never had any probs connecting the machines (i'm a network admin, IPs and the like are no prob) I just really needed to know what map to start on. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.