how do you do a screen shot?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[SIC]Byronic

Dec 1, 2000
Hull, PQ
Visit site
I have wondered for a while now about how you do a screen shot and then post it on this forum. PLEASE use basic computer illerate language...technical stuff and me don't mix. :instagib:

[SIC]Byronic

Dec 1, 2000
Hull, PQ
Visit site
Now that couldn't be easier....So how do I post it on the forum? If I want to design my own avatar or signature, what program would be the easiest to use so I can post it on the forum?...too many questions not enough patience to answer them all eh? :instagib:

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Signature:
Just go to "edit profile" at the bottom of this page

Photoshop

Then e-mail alien@planetunreal.com with the link. You misz store the file on the net (in jpg) and it must nto be bigger than 50*50

Azmo

ul+ra l33+
Mar 27, 2000
Netherlands
Getting screenshots on the forums:

- Press F9 in UT when you want to take a screenshot (unless you've re-assigned F9, then you'll have to bind a key to "SShot" first. Post by Surebrec explains how to do that here)

- The screenshot can be found in your UT/System dir. It's called Shotxxxx.bmp, where xxxx is the number of the shot.

- Don't put the bmp file on the web, since it's not compressed. You can use a program like IrfanView to convert the bmp to a gif or jpg (IrfanView's jpg quality isn't very good, though :()

- Get a webspace account somewhere (I use Spree for my images; most other webspace providers don't allow direct links to images, so everybody would only see a
noimage.jpg
if you tried to post an image.)

- Upload the image to your web account, and copy the correct URL.

- Insert the image tag in your post to show the image: [IMG]http://link.to.your.pic/picname.jpg[/IMG]