BUF events thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

offramp

bOfframp=True
Apr 28, 2006
Cologne
guys...is anyone up to announce the next event ? deathmatch..like said before.
with default weapons and maps.in october.on skillz buf server.
why allways me ? :p
maybe we get more players who knows :)
So just to start something: How about October 9? I'd really like the coop stuff since i missed the last one, but regular DM is good for me too.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
ya, 10/9 sounds reasonable because at the moment I don't have the time to make any set-ups since I have all my family vacationing here. In the mean time, you can decide what would you like the set-up to be so that it gives me time to do it properly instead of doing it at the last minute.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
yes :)
it is our all ut-buf pls announce the new event and tell warmaster about configuration.i join the fun of course.dm would be fun next,i agree.though i sux at it.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
ya, how about the Invasion mod that Boom_Boy made with zp weapons or zp IG with some of the DM maps available?

offramp

bOfframp=True
Apr 28, 2006
Cologne
Don't dare to. The last i announced never really came off the ground. :D
But i'd vote for coop since i missed the last coop event and the videos really looked like fun.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
guys i would like to invite you for another buf gaming night again soon.i just dont know which gametype and which server.it should happen this december ;)

a) fragball on skillz unofficial buf-server

b) coop on 3s coop server

c) yes.we got a new option.sir brizz..one of our admins said he provides an official buf server for CTF/DM vanilla UT.

so what would you prefer ?

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
glider you know what ? i agree totally :)
we played this years ago here with azura and fieldmedic once..was fun idd.
fragball is like team dm, but like american football.you can score goals by shooting or carrying the ball in the goal.you can pass the ball to a teammate.there is a nice map..like a icehockey field.its fantastic.

we should try this imo ;) ...i will pm all players later tonight.4-6 players would be ok.

Last edited:

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
So it's basically like UT2kx Bombing Run? I don't mind to try it out.

Glider of chaos

Ready 2 Fight !
Jan 25, 2004
Russia, St-Petersburg
So it's basically like UT2kx Bombing Run? I don't mind to try it out.
Not exactly. I'd say that level design plays a big role. While bombing run features CTF-style maps, fragball has mostly wide and straightforward maps without additional pathing (or at least it was this way when I checked it last time).

P.S. Oh, and btw bombing run was originally an UT mutator playable on CTF maps or may be it appeared even earlier but it's not UT2k3 invention for sure :p)

offramp

bOfframp=True
Apr 28, 2006
Cologne
If the majority is voting for Fragball, i'm okay with it, though i wouldn't mind coop either. It's just that i dumped Windows and am running Linux now. I had UT2004 running no problem, but i'll still have to set up UT. I'll see how that works tonight.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
ok good friends..i post a new thread today.i hope we will have fun with fragball.:)
@ skillz: can we have no extra mutators pls ..just regular weapons ?

Last edited:

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
yeah good old times.dunno if we come together again on a server as BUF-UT99
players for a monsterhunt/coop..actually whatever.when i look back those fragnights were the highlights in my forum membership time.