Anyone read the latest SF news Post?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RiotChild

Apr 17, 2001
clansma.cjb.net
For Immediate Release

VISION STUDIOS ANNOUNCES NEW GAME PRODUCTION. The producer of the popular UT mod "Strike Force" has organized a new company; Vision Studios. This new organization is currently looking for investors for their next action-oriented first person shooter.

Raleigh, NC - September 20, 2001
Vision Studios (formally Xtreme Gaming) is happy to announce that we are moving forward with our next project. We will be working on a full-blown commercial game using the same updated technology that we've been working with for two years. We are in the process of reorginizing the internal structure of our company. This will include a new corporate web site. With our track record and proven current status in the community, we will be able to reach our goal.

We are offering an opportunity to invest in our company to make this new and amazing project a reality with rewards. We have the people, the talent, the design & concept, and even more importantly, the drive and ability to make this project a reality. We are only interested in working with those who are interested in making things happen. If you are a private investor or publisher who may be interested please contact - Michael Hamlett at optimizer@nc.rr.com for more information regarding this opportunity.

Our current game mod is one of the most popular game mods for Unreal Tournament. Out of 400+ mods we have been able to stay on top of the list as one of the most played and downloaded game mods for UT. Strike Force can be found all over the Internet and we have been featured in over 30 different game magazines worldwide. Strike Force has been totally developed by a group of people volunteering their time and talent to make this happen. We offer the game to the public for free in an effort to move toward our dream and final goal. Strike Force has consistently received rave reviews and accolades from the gaming industry. Many of the commercial competitors have yet to reach this standard. You can check out the Vision Studios current game at http://www.strikeforcecenter.com

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
I think what Balli is refering to is the fact that Optimizer seems to believe that he's the only important member of the Strike Force team. He outright said that his mappers were "a dime a dozen" and that most of his team was "expendable". Any team member who spoke out against him was quickly removed from the mod. He also claims sole ownership of the Strike Force mod, even though he contributes practically nothing. There's also evidence to support the belief that he's been selling SF merchandise and keeping all the profits for himself. I'll see if I can't dig up the thread that started it all...

EDIT: Here it is.

-Keiichi

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
Very good Keiichi! Also, this is what makes him the biggest motherf<b></b>ucker of em all! Once there was a really cool debate about somethin goin on in the SF forums and it had like 100+ replies. Someone says "Oh my god" and Opti deletes the entire thread. Another time someone said something about their god, a god that doesn't belong to catholicism, thread deleted. Then Opti make the rules clear in a locked, stick thread. No using "his" lord's name in vain, if disobeyed entire thread will be deleted. No religious discussions, especially those that involve other forms of religions other than his, if disobeyed entire thread will be deleted. No cursing (he's to blame for our beloved "smut-filter", as he refers to it. Plus dozens more rules that I forgot/didn't give a f<b></b>uck about.

With all that said, what made me truly hate Opti is before the 1.50 release (when it was still quasi-fun), there was a guy posting saying stuff about how he was the new sound guy and also was gonna do the music. About 6 posts into his positive thread, it gets deleted, for no reason. Then this guy posts another one completely disregarding his deleted post. Of course, gets deleted as well. This happened over a period of a few weeks, back and forth. I decided to ask what it was all about in a completely civil thread. Just asking if this guy was screwin with us and so on. I refreshed the page about 10 mins later to see if I get an answer and to my complete surprise I don't see my post, that's right, deleted. I post an equally civil rebuttle but to no avail. Deleted as well, before anyone could even reply. Then I got mad. Every thread I posted there after was deleted within minutes. This got me and a LOT of people to leave the forums completely (starting our own SFvets forums). Opti was enjoying himself deleting my threads, I know it. Probably since when we were allowed to have religious discussions I said I was an atheist and he's one of those ass<b></b>hole people who doesn't believe it's actually possible to really not believe in god 100%. Anyways, this is giving me a headache.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Yeah, I find it incredibly hypocritical of Opti to state that it's against the rules to post religious-oriented threads, and then repeatedly posts messages about fund rasiers for his church groups and Christian support for those feeling depressed. There's also the fact that any thread which even remotely dissagrees with his views or opinions gets deleted before your can say "Seig heil, mine Furer."

-Keiichi

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
... Out of 400+ mods ....
I know 4 'big' mods (SF, TO, Inf, UnF) and probably a dozen or so 'partial or total conversions', but 400 ?
Where did he get that number ???
Even if you count the little mutators, I don't think there is anything near that amount that could be considered competition.

As for Optimizers attitude :rolleyes:
http://www.mgoforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96259

How would the moderators react to anyone posting shots from the leaked U2-alfa version ???
Optimizer wrote :
Someone told me if you edit the unreal file in the system folder you can spawn enemies, all the weapons, maps, etc. I also hear it works with any video card if you know how to set it up. But that's just what I hear.......
Link http://www.mgoforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=96259&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

How's that for a teamleader who should know what stealing an alfa-version feels like ...

// Keiichi :
It's "Sieg heil, mein Fuhrer!" IIRC ...

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
Jeez, the more I hear about him, the more of an ass he seems. :mad:

He's the one that says it doesn't matter what he does because he'll never meet any of these people?

Hypenotist

Catharsis hypothesis
Mar 15, 2001
Hey you can strike back, take SF maps and make them INF maps! It's easy, you just rename them, but you have to edit other things if you don't want the sf.u to claim the map, I did it by moving all the textures to the base UT texture folder and sf system to base UT system, then it worked. I think the SF mappers should take back there hard work=maps and convert them all to INF, UT or other up and coming mods. He doesn't own them, doesn't appreciate the hard work that went into them, and I doubt he had a contract stating he has any ownership of them. Strike Force had good maps period, everything else about it was cartoonish like CS, Angelheart if you read this thread-don't make maps for this guys mod, He's just using people to further his own deluded dream of being a ceo of a game company so he can **** on whomever doesn't follow his orders or religous reasoning. It saddens me that I've never even talked to this guy and the things he does and says disgusts me.

RiotChild

Apr 17, 2001
clansma.cjb.net
Vision Studios (formally Xtreme Gaming) is happy to announce that we are moving forward with our next project. We will be working on a full-blown commercial game using the same updated technology that we've been working with for two years. We are in the process of reorginizing the internal structure of our company.

If you are a private investor or publisher who may be interested please contact - Michael Hamlett at optimizer@nc.rr.com for more information regarding this opportunity.

His ultimate goal is still too squeeze as much money that he can from a franchise designed by other community members in their free time where he basically used the majority of his time banning people from the forums.
Keep in mind he has profited from the CD subscription deal and merchandise such as caps and t-shirts. Oh yeah and the “Church donations”…shouldn’t forget that.

If his “company” manages to find investors so his “next” project (probably a SF clone) actually becomes a reality… how many lawsuits could actually arise from the ex-staff members of the original SF mod?

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by Keiichi

I knew that. I was just... uh... testing you. :p

-Keiichi
And ? Did I pass the test ?? :D

// ---
Does anyone know what happened to the "Tribes 2" version of SF they were planning ?

RiotChild

Apr 17, 2001
clansma.cjb.net
I found this guys post interesting.

I didn't have time to post an indepth reply earlyer..... here is why it won't work so that opti knows what is up, and maybe it will help him so that he will know how to avoid pitfalls

First off it takes around 4-7 million dollars to develop, publish, advertise for the average game now days. To make that much money up Opti will have to sell at least 100,000 copys of his game, assuming they go for 50 dollars, that he is at the very bottum, and that they can sell them to the store for $40 so the store can make its profit...... 100,000 is very achievable though for a good game......

he is using updated Unreal engine, i assume U2 or UW engine... if i remember correctly the cost of the engine is 500,000 dollars, which he has to has before they can begin anything, raising 500,000 dollars is hard for a gaming company that has had 0 comercial releases.

The average gaming company has at least 30 full time members, working 40 hours a week... at least 4 of them coders.... opti has only 1 coder that is still in school.

Now for the game... the game can't be multiplayer only cause there will be 50 different mods out that can do that, and for free... which means that it will have to have an indepth storyline(writer another 40-100,000dollars) some one to write dialog(more money) many mappers doing lots of detail... like the detail put into half life. making the entire Map interconnected. Not just "levels" assuming 5 mappers and 2 years and 40,000 a year a piece, that is another $400,000.... plus texture artists to make those beautifal textures for the game 3 of them 240,000 more for those guys.... modelers... assume 4 of them 320,000 dollars....1 concept artist so that the modelers don't have to waste time thinking of ideas $80,000 dollars... animators $160,000 dollars
being able to pay for something i have played over a year for free..... priceless
ok that is enough, i can go on and on, plus the game will need an original idea, to compete with Swat3, the Tom Clancy games, Operation Flashpoint, Delta Forces........ etc

maybe opti realizes this and he may really have a plan, i would be all for this, and be one of the first to submit my resume to him to be a modeler...... if so all the more power to him, and you know what, i would love to buy the game........ but we will see

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
It's "Sieg heil, mein Führer." (for future copy/paste-ing)

Ieeeek! I feel dirty now! :p