June's list of questions for the Infiltration geniuses... plz answer..!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Omega

Dec 19, 1999
Hi Inf team,

somehow I always believed that Infiltration is going to be the mod for UT, far surpassing SF and SWAT and AUT.. and reading the recent interview with Warren seems to confirm my feelings.. anyhow... I'd like to ask some questions.. plz answer:

1) UT engine makes sounds (like guns) disappear when the person is about 100m away or more.. which makes it seem really strange. Is Inf going to rectify this?
2) You're going for ultra-realism - probably the most realistic mod to ever be released. Are we to expect that it will 'feel' like Rogue Spear or SWAT3 - ie. slow and strategic, rather than fast and action-packed.

UT engine allows blazing speed play, and it would be a shame to take this away. Having the stamina system appears to be your way of balance - but will the running still make the action feel like an adrenaline rush? (I want to know your feeling after playing it)
3) A lot of people complain about big maps, which I think is really silly. I think a lot of the comparisons are with CS, which uses an outdated HL engine. I think it would be crippling to the sophisticated UT engine to do away with big maps. Big maps are real - the real world is big. Can we expect to see 'real-world' big maps? Or confined play grounds like CS?
4) You guys seem 'quietly' confident that you will be the ultimate UT mod, because you seem to be taking your time to release something that seems comparable to the Rogue Spear game in complexity (minus the number of guns) - rather than a beta mod like SF and SWAT. My question is: is this your feeling, because your TC is THAT good???

thanks for your time
AJY.

Don't frag me, love me.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
2)The gameplay of infiltration will be very true to life. Equal parts strategy, action and a great deal of fear(yes fear!).

The player will have to learn to cooperate with his teamates, learn proper movement and weapon SOPs and take the objective efficiently. And most of all to stay alive.

3)Levels will be diverse suiting almost any situation. But there will be limits to your DMA(designated mission area).

4)We aren't aiming to become 'the best UT mod', we are however aiming to create the best combat experiance possible so that players like yourself can have fun and at the same time respect what real life soldiers have to experiance and endure in their service.

ShakKen
Infiltration
3D artist

Warren

Infiltration Project Coordinator
Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
ShakKen's exactly right in all those cases- I'll fill in the blanks-

1) The sound engine in UT is hard coded so unless we have the source code, we can't change anything there. Perhaps someday..

4) just to add, we definitely don't want to prance around and shove 'our game is better than anyone else' down your throat.. I'd rather you play it and come to that conclusion. I'm having a blast with what we have so far, but I'm pretty biased. We're a quiet bunch when it comes to hype, but maybe we'll hire a whole marketing department someday.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<hr align="left" width="50%" size="1" color="#00FF00"><font size="1">Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Are you a FNG? Check out our Roadmap
Then check out our FAQ</font>

Hannibal

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
not the best!?!?

If you're not the best, who is?? Seriously, ever since I downloaded 2.75(not long after the public beta was released) I've wondering if there is something better, hoping to have 2 awesome mods, instead of just one. I haven't found anything that compares to Inf.