Really Sick of Robar + AR loadouts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trevor_Clim

Is this virtuous?
Aug 6, 2001
Yew
are soldiers or members of special commandos generally not allowed to select their weapons? the commander choose the weapons for his team, or?

Draco-1

I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.
Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
I don't have a problem with a Robar + SMG loadout. The robar is useless for close range. The problem right now is that the MP5 is the lightest SMG we have. When the MP5K, Mini-Uzi, and/or Remington are available, things should be more realistic.

[DiE]x8668k

Skilled
Oct 4, 2000
www.x8668k.com
I think that you should be able to cary ONE(1) Primary Weapon, and ONE(1) Secondary Weapon.

Where the Primary would be a SIG, M16, MP5, Sniper, whatever.

And the Secondary would be a Pistol.

Then you could also cary some nades.

And no Granade Launchers.

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
One of the things that needs doing is MAKING people shoot the Robar correctly.

Firstly I'll say I've never fired a Robar, only the Barret but you can't shoot either weapon IMO standing, certainly not the Barret. Kneeling is very unstable and tiring.

The Big Sniper Rifles are fired from a prone position, usually with Bipod and rear monopod support. These guns kick like mules and are made bloody heavy to try and reduce this to an exceptable level.

Not sure how to do this though. I'm also beginning to think we need a second type of stamina for shooting, but thats another thread topic.

Originally posted by [DiE]x8668k
I think that you should be able to cary ONE(1) Primary Weapon, and ONE(1) Secondary Weapon.

Where the Primary would be a SIG, M16, MP5, Sniper, whatever.

And the Secondary would be a Pistol.

Then you could also cary some nades.

And no Granade Launchers.

That sounds like CS. And therefore Infiltration SHALL NOT do that, sayeth the Lord.

I'm kidding, mostly.

At any rate, that's a fairly unrealistic way of doing it. Because IRL you can physically carry that many weapons, even the Robar...provided you don't try to move.

I want to ALLOW people to do these kinds of things...only they should have realistic disadvantages. Ergo, draw-time, movement, stamina and noise penalties, as well as prone-only shooting of the Robar due to its heavy recoil.

[DiE]x8668k

Skilled
Oct 4, 2000
www.x8668k.com
sounds good enough.

Though hard to implement. I sure hope they wait until they have figured out a good way to implement it rather than just put it together and add it to INF.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Please refer to my posting above. And once again I will re-state my thoughts on such matters: Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should. (....or that INF should allow it).

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
No, just increase the recoil to make standing shots more inconvenient.

And I'd still like to see weapon collision for strapped guns.

If the technology gets better INF could incorporate a click-and-drag system where the player has to decide where each gun has to go on his body, and give penalties for badly arranged weapons as appropriate...

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
I think the system goes to extremes cause they planned for some more extreme weapons.
offhand, I can think of a few grenade launchers and sniper rifles that might push the bulk and expense levels someday.

theres alotta stuff it looks like they dident forsee happening. or at at least happening to the point of becomming a problem for gameplay.

Other Dave

Oct 4, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by FiringAimlessly
And I'd still like to see weapon collision for strapped guns.

Ditto! I'd love to see those Robar guys try and get into doorways and tunnels with that huge gun towering over their heads! LOL

Other Dave

Other Dave

Oct 4, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by yurch
You can make it so the robar kicks thier view straight up, it won't solve anything :rolleyes:
Its still a one hit kill - who cares about the kick?

Dumb question time:

Is it possible to introduce a recoil effect *before* the aimpoint is calculated? IE, just like IRL. Ideally, this effect would be minimized by stabilization. Just like IRL.

Other Dave (IRL) :)