Are there any Bioshock themed maps for UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
Not much to add to the thread title, really. I'm a huge fan of Bioshock 1 and 2, and I was wondering if anyone had ported any of the Rapture maps to Unreal Tournament, or at least done some UT maps in the style of the games.

I've never played a game as atmospheric as Bioshock, and I'd love to see the game world used in other games, and it would be especially great to be able to play UT's variety of deathmatch modes in Arcadia, the Medical Pavillion, Siren Alley, etc.

Given how popular the Bioshock games are, and how good and memorable the games' levels are, I'd be very surprised if no one had made an attempt to port them to the Unreal Tournament games.

Thanks for any links or answers.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
Nearly a hundred views for this thread, but no answers. Fair enough, I suppose that means there are no Bioshock/Bioshock 2 themed levels for UT, which is a real pity. I really thought there would be, either for UT, or more likely for UT2004 (as UT2004 allows for more graphical finery, a real advantage when aiming for Rapture-style environments).

It does seem strange that no one has tried to make such levels for the UT games, I'd have thought that such a popular and visually distinctive game as Bioshock would have been an obvious choice for fan-made map remakes.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I would be very surprised if there was at least one map based on BioShock 1 and 2. Better use your time to make something based on good games like the System Shock ones.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
I would be very surprised if there was at least one map based on BioShock 1 and 2. Better use your time to make something based on good games like the System Shock ones.

:eek:

The Bioshock games were great! But yes, they should have been better, as I think their staggeringly atmospheric world was wasted in what was basically just a straight shooter - if they had combined the world and atmosphere of Bioshock with the gameplay of System Shock 2 then wow, that would have been fantastic.

A lot of the same people worked for both teams, and when Bioshock was in development it was expected to be SS2 for the new generation (and set underseas, instead of in a space craft), but when it came out, Bioshock had lost most of SS2's complexity. They kept the same sort of setting, a derelict enviroment (abandoned spaccraft vs. abandoned under-water city), where the all powering sense of lonlieness was only ever broken by the attacks of the random inhabitants (mutated crew vs spliced up Rapturites), a lone voice of sanity guiding you (at least to begin with...), the freedom to choose physical weapons or biological ones (mental powers vs. plasmids), RPG elements (well, yes in SS2, in Bisohock the RPG elements were reduced to your offensive abilities and health/Eve capacities.

BTW, I've never played SS1, though I love SS2, what is System Shock 1 like, and is it worth playing now (as SS2 definitely is)?