GTAIV thread anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
See now if that was PC they could put a rush on the patch since it doesnt need to go through cert :lol:

Funnily enough this is the same type of problem I was experiencing with UT3 :p

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
003rk6.png

Are the mobsters in the game Russian or Yugoslavian? Just curious, the name sounds kind of Serbian or Croatian (although written as 'Belić' would make more sense).

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Been playing a few.

I like the addition of the cellphone. Spending time with a girlfriend to miss out on saving a cousin from thugs is something new in the GTAIV series. And Gametrailer's is right about there being no real line between the main plot and side missions. This is starting to feel overwhelming....

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
For the record: I just played for pretty much 9 hours straight. I didn't get any freezes, glitches or any other issues whatsoever. The game ran flawlessly. :p

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
Crashing, nope, haven't seen any. Apart from car crashes, managed to fly out the front windshield a couple times. Had a couple cars blow up, had one car engine die on me(okay the front of the car looked pretty beat up, I lolzed as the car wouldn't start anymore).

It is bad to have a four star wanted level.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I still want to see manual transmission cars and fuel consumption in a GTA title. In real life, if I had the ability to hijack any car I pleased, I'm sure that Lambo that I just hitched wouldn't be automatic.

On another note, I want a more realistic manual transmission model in racing/driving games. In Gran Turismo you simply hit L2 and R2 to to downshift and upshift respectfully. Where's the clutch? Surely not every car has paddle shifters? I propose to simulate a clutch using one of the analog sticks on the controller. You need to hold it down to disengage it, and then slowly release it while balancing it out with the throttle button in order to prevent stalling. And yes, I want the car to stall if I release the clutch too quick or don't give it enough throttle. If it's more fun to do this in real life, then why can't we implement it in game? It would be hilarious in online mode to see the n00bs stalling, bucking, and lurching. :D

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
^ Microsoft Car Simulator X

Seriously though, what's up with the handling in this game, any tips? And not just, "use the breaks," cause that crap doesn't work. :p