Americas Army

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-3rd-SSgt_Tucker

Sep 16, 2004
Where is the section on Americas Army?
A friend and i want to mod the game so that we can control Ventrilo (a voice comm) from within the game-and so we can add the clan's links to a page in AA.

Also, what would i look for when I look for tutorials?

Thanks, Tucker

111guntherball

Custom titles used to be witty.
Sep 18, 2004
Hey Tucker.

I think this place is the appropriate place to discuss AA since it is using the Unreal engine.

How long have you been playing? I've been playing off and on for two years.

I believe there are no mods in this game currently. For tutorials, I've no idea. Are you looking for help with a map, weapon, or gameplay? Maybe some Google searches can help you out. I don't know of any definitive guides for AA at the moment.

QuickBeam

612 Wharf Ave...
Aug 31, 2004
612 Wharf Ave...
Said From Experience....or should i say HONOR...:p

Got AA about less than a month after it was availble....enjoyed it(pipeline and weaponscache were great)
It was the "new" Unreal engine at the time that got me hooked and of course its free....

Now the realism is bar-none and the graphics amazing but there is a DARK SIDE to this game...
I reached 43 honor pts a while back (before the special forces patch came out)...and realized that the RECRUITMENT CAPACITY was preparing us for the very ILLEGAL INVASION we are now(IRAQ)in and how insidious the 'FREE ASPECT' Is to immpressionable kids...

UNderstand i played and enjoyed this game as a basic first-person shooter BEFORE the invasion of IRAQ...and while we were LIGIT in Afghanistan it was an inspiring game giving me an appreciation of are armed forces even more.

But its the lil things that get u...and if u didnt get the game PRE-INVASION u wont remember the ETHNIC TURBAN WEARING OP-FORCE skins they had for the famous or should i say INFAMOUSLY NAMED INSURGENT Camp MAP! OF course noW that everything has hit the fan...the skins were 'MYSTERIOUSLY' changed to SWARTHY SERBIANS or SOME other 'LESS dark-skinned' ethnicity.

THe point isnt the gameplay(top-notch) or graphics but the fact that this isnt PRIVATELY FUNDED FOR PROFIT!....ITS PAID FOR BY ALL AMERICANS THROUGH TAXES!....So the content has to be unfortunately regulated for mass consuption...but most people have no clue as to this games nature or financing...especially parents.

IF this is boring to u then tough...Reality sucks...but video games are to me an ESCAPE ...no matter how much killing i do IN GAME...and no matter how much disgusting content is out there(Manhunt,POstal,etc,,,,)have at it!....But those games arent made by THE U.S. GOVERNMENT, and therefore have different standards of content than AA...which is paid for by people who would be offended at thier taxdollars going to a war promotiontool disguised as a FUN fps game...W00t!...which it is :eek: So ,yes other game companies can do anything they want ...skies the limit on OFFENSIVE CONTENT(u can buy or not buy)....but my final point is that this game is FREE and made availble to the masses(kids bored @home) and isnt all that is seems.

This is just my opinion ....LOVE WAR HATE WAR>>>>JUST fIGHT WHEN U have to....

OH and enjoy the game ... :lol:

Tobin[3rdID]

Jul 27, 2005
3rd Infantry Division [Recruiting For Americas Army]

The 3rd Infantry Division is now recruiting at

http://www.3rdinfdiv.com

Anyone 16 years of age and older is welcome!!

We are a North American Based Clan!!!

We Can Offer You:

AA Authorized server

Teamspeak server

A Great website

Tons of gameplay hours

A Dedicated Team Of Players

Friendship

Email us today for more info!! shady_money@hotmail.com
Join us TODAY!!!!!!!!

Minimum Requirements:

TeamSpeak

Headset W/Mic

Three weeks of AAO Tracker Data

MSN, which is another form of communication.

Last edited:

justvisiting

Sep 10, 2005
BOT(0) said:
Yea its illegal to mod A|A or use any of their content, as for you 111guntherball, what are you talking about? A|A uses the unreal 2.X engine. Does it not?

Hello, this is me, 111guntherball. I'd forgotten my password and am just replying to this post.

Why did you call me out about a year after I posted?

Yes, I said that the game uses the Unreal Engine. No, I did not specify which version. While I know that AA uses version 2.x (whatever the current number is), I was being general about whether discussing AA is on-topic on these forums or not.

Last edited:

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
The new version is cool. I didn't see much difference from the older versions, but then again, I scarcely play America's Army. I may get into it more though; it's a good game. I hope the next version has good graphical updates.