Grenade Basketball: Help Wanted

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Grenade Basketball... yep, you heard that right is looking for a little help with their upcoming UT2003 mod. Here's what it is:

After not one, but two different engine changes (Half-Life, and Red Faction), we here at Sublimation Games are looking to try again with UT2k3 (third time's a charm, right?) and would like to resume production on our class-based mod, Grenade Basketball (or GBB).

There is very little to say about GBB that cannot be summed up in the words "fun", "addicting", and "the Unabomber loves it." Two teams, Olive and Amber (as red and blue have been done to death), meet on a map for a good old game of basketball. Except not the way Dr. Nasmith saw it. Instead of using a dimpled rubber ball, the two teams are charged with tossing about a standard high explosive pineapple grenade while the Devil and a wild and wooly Scotsman with a rather nasty rash make cheap penis jokes.

And thanks to Epic and Digital Extremes, many of the tools have already been provided to make this one of the best mods out there. With gameplay not wholly dissimilar from the already popular Bombing Run, GBB adds classes, vehicles, and a whole slew of new tactics into the mix.

We here at the Sub are looking for talented and dedicated modders to fill all manner of positions, including: Mappers,
Modelers (both character, weapon, and world mesh), Animators, Skinners, Texture Artists, Coders, Musicians, SFX, Butchers, Bakers, Candlestick Makers, 8 Maids a-Milking, 7 Lords a-Leaping, 6 Geese a-Laying, and any other submissions would be graciously accepted.

Applicant's must be dedicated to finishing a quality mod and have a previous knowledge of the Unreal engine.

If you think you might like to work with us here at the Sub, please send an e-mail with your name, the position desired, and a sample of your work.

GBB Details

I'm reluctant to give out many details at this point (yes, design documentation is done), and alas I've never played Fragball, but GBB boils down something like this.

In a Team Fortress Classic style environment players will select from various classes (each with varying speeds, armour, and weapons loadouts) and make every attempt to throw a grenade through a basket.

Action is going to be fast, furious, UTV support is very hopeful, and Matinee will see heavy use for our mid-round sportscasting.

Um... we've got lots of other little changes planned, voting, new menus, all sorts of fun dynamic gameplay items, team balancing. But that's all your getting from me. Even if you torture me, I will tell you nothing else.

Unless you tickle...

Perhaps...

Hell, I don't care if it's a one-eyed drunken monkey, so long as it can map, model, skin, or code.

In answer to your question, the answer is: 42.

Or, y'know, yes, a partridge (preferrably Lorrie) in a pear tree would be useful.

And because I feel bad about not releasing more details...

From the class info section:

The Basket Guard is a versatile class. The main point of the Guard is the Mobile Combat Suit, or MCS, which is detailed in the next section. The Guard class is responsible for manning the MCS, supporting the MCS (via ammo and repair), and disabling the enemy MCS.