video cards and good performance.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rilak

Mar 23, 2001
ok i see alot of posts about poor INF performance.
and i would liek to give ya a good rule of thumb concerning video cards, i have owned all of these cards and benched them.

2meg trident can we say 486 :)

4 meg monster 3d 3dfx one of the first 3d cards pretty cool really playing quake1 on it.

on voodoo2 and voodoo banshees not to bad speed wise

the tnt2 and voodoo3 are about twice as fast as the TNT1 and voodoo2s

the voodoo5 and geforce MXs are twice as fast as the the ones above. (note there are not twice as fast at 640X480 but in the higher resolutions they are 2-3 times faster) this means that if your cpu is a 300 dont waste money a screaming card get yo9ua faster CPU 1st.

the geforce GTS and ultras are very fast versions of the geforce 2 MX
my friends GTS is about 30 % faster than my MX at 1040res and higher.

and really geforce 2 MXs and voodoo5s are only 50-70 bucks online !!!! so go get one ! and stop the suffering !

800 cpu gefoprce 2 MX 256 ram plays INF at 1280 X1040 all high.
lights on, sound High. AVG 35-45 FPS
a very modest system 56 bucks for video, 80 bucks of ram, MB and CPU cost 250 but can be had now for about 180.

Rilak

Mar 23, 2001
uh modem ... DSL :) here modems are really hurting now alot of congestion out there on the net.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
modem speed

I've got ADSL, which means I can download stuff at 65 kb/s, but when uploading, its something around 5 kb/s top! Still not bad, but I would really want to see 2 digits in my speed....:)

Nikoomba

Feb 6, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
I basically have the system you stated earlier (800 processor, GeForce2 MX, 384mb RAM) and I average around about 35+ fps with all details on high, 16 bots, hardware accelerated sound, etc etc. Good system without spending rediculous money.

JKJK

Jan 20, 2001
NOw what video card would U call playable

I would say tnt2u is a playable card to use. But I have 850Mhz, and 256mb of ram.

1024*968 medium details 32bit I would say I get around 35fps.

With 500Mhz I would geus U need a gf2mx

rgreene

frag bait
Oct 16, 2000
As far as video card performance goes, I just ordered a Geforce3 this morning, when I get it in I'll take a look at how it runs in my box. Right now I have to do flushes quite frequently to keep the thing running smooth on my GF2MX (32 meg).

The_Freaker

Supahfly !
May 22, 2001
Estonia
www.010010.org
Can anyone tell me a good international online-shop that sells Geforce 2 MX cards priced at $50-70 to Europe.
I have a 1,2GHz Athlon and a Matrox G400....for 2d animation'n stuff. But I need something better for playing...

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
UT is more CPU dependant than Vid card dependant, since it doesn't support Hardware transform and lighting. Oh, and if you have to flush a lot and are using OpenGL, switch to D3D. I only had the flushing problem with OpenGL, and my masked textures work right in D3D too. Sure it's not quite as pretty as a general rule, but I'd rather avoid that chop chop and those black spaces in railings.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
flushing?

i am using a geforce2(pci, *cough*), and the only thing PLAYABLE is opengl. d3d runs horrid.
I am not sure how the rest of you are running d3d so fast...
better drivers?

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Well when you download the updated renderers, the D3D one is a serious POS. Don't use it. The D3D renderer that came with 436 works great for me. The framerate isn't phenomenally high, but it is more stable. Fewer jumps and drops.

Edit: Oh, and I'm using reference Detonator drivers version 12.00

Tommy Atkins

Older, but no wiser
Mar 17, 2001
UK
Originally posted by Antedeluge
UT is more CPU dependant than Vid card dependant, since it doesn't support Hardware transform and lighting. Oh, and if you have to flush a lot and are using OpenGL, switch to D3D. I only had the flushing problem with OpenGL, and my masked textures work right in D3D too. Sure it's not quite as pretty as a general rule, but I'd rather avoid that chop chop and those black spaces in railings.

(sorry for the long quote)
you'll need to turn Precaching to 'on' under preferences/rendering/d3d - works a treat, good framerates & detail, so far it's completely solved my masked texture troubles.

And what do you mean, 'not as pretty as OpenGL'? OpenGL made my Inf eyecandy look bloody 'orrible...