Unreal Animals???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Now I know this can be done as I have read about it before, I want to put original Unreal animal pawns (Birds and fishes) into my level, so what should their setting be for them to show up in UT and Infiltration ???

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Hmm, I'm not aware of any special settings these actors need to show up in INF. If they work in UT, they should work in INF as well. Just add them in like decorations I would guess (in their appropriate environments of course).

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
I've used both birds and fish in my HuntingCabin map. They work for INF fine. Just set their AI to ignore or something. Default is attack for some animals, unless you want them to.
Jaymian

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Thanks jaymian, I’ll try that out, humm? Didn’t remember seeing the birds so I loaded Up your map in regular UT plain vanilla settings, no mutators mods or such, and there is not a single fish or bird in view???
So then I tried running the map from the editor to see if this would work.

They show up in the editor but when you hit the play level button and then enter the game there is not a single trace of them???

So I tried running Infiltration... and they showed up… they realy bring the level to life :)

So what settings do I need to change in UT to make them appear for both regular UT and Infiltration???

Last edited:

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
I remembered the animals in DM-MuseumMadness.unr showed up in regular UT so I went and carefully examined their settings

Under advanced set bGameRelevant to true for them to show up, it worked on your birds, but I’m still playing around to get the fishes to work.

Starstreams, look In the pool beneath the waterfall, just over the keg of health you will see a sprite that looks like a chess piece, that is the fish.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Kick azzzzzzzz

I never found that pool thing you were talking about, but I did find a school of fish, and one of them skki monsters with the knifes on his hands, and I did what you said with the bGame thing and it worked great. That monster actually came after me and killed me, because the INF guys can’t run fast enough, but it is definitely a trip.

Its in the Class browser under the Pawn section. Just took these shots a min ago, but don’t know why two of them are red, maby I hit the F9 too quick, couse I was excited :D

ramon

Jun 25, 2000
seville, spain
Visit site
to arsenic: go to the place where you find the dropship and some lavapools. now, u will see a cave near the lava pools. go in. you will not *see it*, but youl feel :D this guy at shocksystems made it look like a Predator.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
animals in UT

I have no clue why the birds and fish aren't showing up for your UT. They have always been there for me.
Jaymian

arsenicpants

Damn proud of his AMC Gremlin
Jul 15, 2000
Visit site
ooooo, ok
here's the thing, my bad
i was thinking of Project-X 2, i've never played the original

downloading now, looks pretty sweet ;)
i'll be sure to watch my ass, hehe

thnx

BlueSniper

if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?
Mar 6, 2001
holy ****, that lava skaarj scared the **** outa me.... I wasent expecting him...

BlueSniper

if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?
Mar 6, 2001
its not funny! all I saw were these bight red eyes and I unloaded a Fn p90 mag at it while screaming like a girl! ****!

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Ya, but I’ve got this little problem with the spot in the picture. The bot’s keep jumping off the top platform on to the lower board, because there is a path that connects from the node on the top, to the one on the bottom, which you can’t see in the picture, but it is right at the bottom part of this picture. I’ve tried using block path actors, and Alternant paths, but they still keep connection. I would like to block it with a box, but the BSP freaks out if I add any more geometry in this room. This stairwell has been a nightmare ever since I’ve started this map. I even had to move this entire staircase, which use to be on the anther end of the hall,
Anyone have any ideas on how to block a path that is that connects to pathnodes which are close to eachother? The alternate and block actors didn’t work, maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Don’t worry Ramon, knowone will probably even see the monster, unless someone decides to break the glass, but I doubt most will even bother. However if he doses get out, every one in the level is in deep sh..t, because I’m setting this guy to from the default 340 health to 3000, and he can jump a little over 256 units, which is as high as the ceilings. His claw damage will be 80, I guess thats about one swipe to an Inf guy; This Skaarj doesn’t like people very much, thanks to pathetico for some fine work! The map is a team game, and I’m hoping that people will stick together, cause they will need to if this thing gets out. He..he.. :D