Metallica, can it get any worse?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Man have they ever gone downhill. Teaming up with Ja Suck is like the ultimate insult to the oldschool Metal rockers who were fans of Metallica's earlier stuff (they were really good right through Reload).

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
people have been attacking them for quite a while. I always defended them till the whole napster deal, then I said screw it. they use to be cool, but they're in it 100% for the cash now. I mean after reload the few things they have done really sucked. Garage Inc. really didn't impress me at all.

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
Originally posted by Assymilator
after they messed up Napster, I shudder at the mention of Metallica.....those communists!

Actualy that would make them cold blooded american capitalist. See sharing of the music would be a communist ideal, but as 1. We dont live in a communism 2. its not a communist ideal to break laws or steal from other people (wich is piracy by definition). I would have to say that they where being just as greedy as the people who pirated music.

Last edited:

badmaninheaven

Powerslave
Jun 8, 2001
Green Hell.
Originally posted by Clayeth|BuF
people have been attacking them for quite a while. I always defended them till the whole napster deal, then I said screw it. they use to be cool, but they're in it 100% for the cash now. I mean after reload the few things they have done really sucked. Garage Inc. really didn't impress me at all.
Garage Inc. did impress me.
But thats simply b'coz those songs were unarguably good and not metallica originals.

_Zd_3s_

Regristered User
I woke up with "Through the Never" in my head this morning. I have no idea why, because I haven't heard a Metallica song for months now.

/me throws in his Metallica CD

All that is, was and will be
Universe much too big to see
Time and space never ending
Disturbing thoughts, questions pending
Limitations of human understanding
Too quick to criticize
Obligation to survive
We hunger to be alive

Twisting turning through the never
All that is, ever
Ever was
Will be ever
Twisting
Turning
Through the never

It's a good song. :)

Ah well, let's just say the memory remains. (pun intended :p)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Metallica.. metallica...
The old metallica ruled.. still rules uhuu hu hu beavis :D
ANyway, I really liked the black album. But the cd's following up to that one weren't all that... metallica turned into a bunch of softies if you ask me :hmm: and to quote the horse from the "ren and stimpy show":

No sir, I don't like it.

(And justice for all)

Astaldo

Apr 21, 2000
Highland Lakes, NJ USA
Visit site
Yeah, I can remember when they said they would NEVER do a video. Then one night on Headbanger's Ball....a video.
I like their old stuff. I think I stopped listening after Injustice for all came out. Some new songs I like, but it's not the same.

"Lashing out the action,
returning the reaction,
weak are ripped and torn away"

L33t song!

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
the fall of giants...

Old skool Metallica is where it's at. I doubt I'll be rushing to HMV for their new stuff. Their handling of the Napster thing soured my view of them, not their viewpoint per se, but their handling of it.

DOOMBOT

More than meets the eye
Nov 27, 2001
www.x-factor.ca
You know what though, this really doesnt surprise me. Seems like a lot of bands these days are just doing things way out of character, like teaming up with rappers. Its all about money and it is obvious that is whats goign on here. Even though I am still pissed off about this decision I still wont stop playing Master Of Puppets over and over and over and over and over and.......

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
They've been around for over 20 years and changed...I think thats pretty natural. The energy they had in their youth has gone and they can't play thrash anymore.

A couple of bands that changed within their lifetimes:

*The Beatles - from the all smiling pop band to experimental.
*Radiohead - Brit-pop to prog rock
*The Rolling Stones - youths to zombies :D (how Keith Richards is still with us is beyond my understanding)

Anyway, I think you get the idea.

Its a shame that they've sold out and going "Wessside." Mind you, their bassist left because he's going deaf...how rock'n'roll :cool:

lightfire

Dec 11, 2000
phoenix
Visit site
janus2.jpg

there so far in a hole who nows when there going to be able to dig out.

SkummyB|BuF

Would you like to see me dance?
Feb 19, 2000
Liverpool, UK
www.bombardiers.org
Originally posted by The_Inflictor
Its a shame that they've sold out and going "Wessside." Mind you, their bassist left because he's going deaf...how rock'n'roll :cool:

I dont' think that's true...... he's been starting up a new band for a while now (the name completely escapes me at this moment :))

My opinion: Metallica are my all-time fave, but if they're resorting to colaberations with shite artists just for a cash injection - they need to take a look at themselves.

/me predicts the new album to have a lot of tracks like "I Disappear" on it..... which is bad :(