Bugs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

deck

Jan 23, 2001
I want to make some serious comments here. First FIRE your beta testers, they suck. I cant believe you released this.

Second, here are some serous bugs you better check into.
On the M16 if you use all nades, on weapon, still in the 203 positon, and switch to another weapon u cant get back uyour weapon because it tells you its out of ammo.

Then the M16 again, sometimes, ID say 20% of the time on a new map r when just joining I get a blacked out rectilcle where the scope would be if I was using it. That never happened before, I use a geforce and I have heard other people of complaing about too.

The distant sounds I would to turn off, for combat, It is distracting in a match. I would like to know what if any ini file i can edit to turn that off. It also has a major impact on moist servers just something else to keep track of.

I hope you guys take your time in the future, I mean if you want release new weapons into the game, as a seperate update, and release patches as fixes. This is the worst release yet as far as im concerend because the game flows like ****.

Cheers

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Some of the stuff really is suprising - in that I mean how did it get past your beta testers? The leaning bug being the obvious one. It is proven that it does not work on the General Forums with pictures of it. And this is one of the big bugs you guys were fixing so you think the testers would have noticed that. Some of the other bugs I am hearing about sound like they don't happend to everyone so that could have slipped by if none of the tester experiance the problems. But the leaning bug is apparent to everyone. I don't want to take anything away from the testers as they have done a good job in the past (the prone thing should have been looked at though......) but some things should not make it past :mad:

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
On the M16 if you use all nades, on weapon, still in the 203 positon, and switch to another weapon u cant get back uyour weapon because it tells you its out of ammo.

Sorry can't reproduce this one at all, neither online nor offline... I was able to switch back to the M16 anytime and could also use 'activate attachement' to get back into rifle mode...

I want to make some serious comments here. First FIRE your beta testers, they suck. I cant believe you released this

Some might say unjustified accusations suck also...;)

crazy talk

Apr 29, 2001
Visit site
jesus, first you guys whine about it taking so long. now its about the bugs still present. lets remember this game is still a work in progress and nobody is forcing it on anybodys hard drives.

[SOB]sllm

May 27, 2001
IN YOUR BACK YARD
www.sobservers.com
well,
deck your comp or install is wack man........
and as far as the beta testers being fired ..l.
you go out a find a better team of testers to do the job we have done!!!
in the time we have done it in.
with the resources we have been GIVEN.

Man some people just run there mouth to damn much before they engage there brain...

o and just let me point something else out.
IT IS NOT UP TO THE BETA TEAM TO SAY RELEASE IT OR DONT!!!

that is up to the INF TEAM.............

Last edited:

DaddyBone

Infiltration Team
Jul 24, 1999
Boulder, CO, USA
www.sobservers.com
#1, DECK: Lots of bugs, huh? You list a coupla bugs with the M16 and they can't be reproduced. I don't think its the game, man, I think its your box. If you'd truly like to be helpful, list what system you have, compnents, and maybe some screenshots? How about finding out if others have the same problem? All you've provided is crap, that doesn't help one bit.

#2, ALL: If you've got the cash to provide us with one of every vidcard, CPU and monitor ever made, we'll be happy to test more thoroughly. As it is, the unpaid beta testers make do with what they have. And if you think all we do is have fun testing, yah, its great to get to see stuff first, but this is WORK, guys. We stay up half the night sometimes just trying to get something working so that YOU ungrateful people can enjoy it.

#3, Cypher: Leaning bug, huh? Yah, we tested it, and do you know what? There isn't just ONE freakin' bug we work on at a time. The code is CONNECTED, you know? Often times, one thing will be fixed, and in the course of fixing something else, the fixed part will be re-broken. We apologize for not re-catching bugs all the time, but sheesh. If you hadn't noticed, a BIG BUG IN ALL OF UT, the 'invisibility' bug, is GONE. This was a much bigger problem than leaning, as you couldn't see people in windows or behind boxes, etc. Something that is a part of the game. In the course of fixing the bigger bug, leaning got messed up a bit again. But you know what? The leaning bug is an EXPLOIT. If people agree to not lean, then you're fine. Its a lot more difficult to agree not to walk behind a box or stand in a window, huh?

#4, All: Give us a big old break here, will you? How about all the piddly crap you whined about last patch that we were able to fix? Instead of ALWAYS focusing on the bad crap, how about a little freakin' thanks for the other, 90% good stuff? Remember this is provided to you for free, so you can have fun. If you aren't having fun, go play CS or something.

Anyway, thanks community for always seeing the bad, never praising the good. If you're going to be critical, do it in a helpful matter and always remember that not all the problems you have are INF related, some are problems with YOUR hardware too. We'll remember next time not not release a damn thing until 100% of the people are happy. Oh wait, I guess that'd be NEVER. :mad:

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
First FIRE your beta testers, they suck. I cant believe you released this

. This is the worst release yet as far as im concerend because the game flows like ****.

I agree with DaddyBone. I don't like your tone at all !
mad.gif

Next time post criticism in a constructive way, because your post was close to be closed !

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
We do appreciate you and your tester's efforts Daddybone. It just some people feel the need to state their opinion no matter hoow stupid it sounds.

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Hey, come on here, my tone was not negative in the least. I could have stated it better. But really I was wondering why something you had to take out earlier and re-implemented does not work all the time. Its a fair question. I made sure to compliment the testers at the end to make sure you did not take me wrong.........I try to point out stuff (I admit my delivery could be better) but apparently thats not appreciated.....I leave it to your testers and lackys on the forum......sorry.

Whiners

Well said, DB. Deck, when you point out what you THINK are bugs, try some tact, huh? You don't seem to have the basic skills to interact normally with people.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Infiltration team and beta testers!!!! I love this mod. Ignore those thankless, ungrateful freeloaders who can't live with a few imperfections. Tell 'em to go play Tac Ops. Man, do I get tired of hearing them complain on the servers, in-game... .

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
ok

Ok, I'm going to skip all of what was said above... I'm not getting into the previous conversation. But my post does fall into this category so here I go.

(disclaimer: do not take any of what I am about to say as slanderous, ungratefull, or ill manered. This is only in support and for the good of the game.)

Bugs:

1. Prone - 4 or 5 shotgun blast kills prone people about 50% of the time.

2. Leaning - we all know leaning shows up sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.

3. clipping/invisibility - pretty much gone(except in conjunction with leaning), good job guys.

4. The obsessive restrictions on the m16 (personal opinion) It would be fine to limit the shells to 2 but, the weight restrictions are a bit much.

5. 3d audio stereo panning - very misleading and distracting.

6. Overall game feels (to me) a little less stable than the previous version. CQB, and point blank shots not connecting.

Fixes:

1. The shotgun score: Thanks for fixing this, now when I smack someone around with my shotgun and score above 100 they can't call me a whore anymore.

2. Window clipping: Thanks again its horrible not being able to see someone that shoots you.

3. Death messages: Thank you, its good for competition between players to see who shot them. Makes for exciting games when your looking for that player.

4. Guns: I like the new guns, very nice indeed... However I will stick to the same guns I had before just as I have said before.

Questions:

1. Is there anyway to get the red screen flash back when being shot?

Thats it... I hope my post has been complimentary as well has helpful. I could do without the flaming. :)

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Remove your lips from their ass Viper, geez. But seriously. This game is in Beta last time I checked. So as the playing public I think its are place to report bugs - although I admit that not everyone (including myself aswell) says it the best way.

DaddyBone

Infiltration Team
Jul 24, 1999
Boulder, CO, USA
www.sobservers.com
Cypher- Sorry man... its just that we do work our asses off, and all we generally see is the 10% bad, never the 90% good. And we're catching flack now even though we did all we could while getting pushed to ok a release... From all of this, I guarantee we won't ok another release until we're 100% staisfied with it. This will definately delay releases, but hey, enough is enough. If the next release has glaring problems that we testers missed, we'll take all the blame and smile while doing it.

It's just amazing how people know nothing about what goes on behind the scenes, and yet they still make assumptions that are so incredibly wrong that I blow my top- and I'm so mellow a guy that people think that weed could get stoned offa me!

DaddyBone

Infiltration Team
Jul 24, 1999
Boulder, CO, USA
www.sobservers.com
GNAT: Thanks man, a concise list without all the extra fluff is exactly what we like to see. Of course things like '3D audio stereo panning' are beyond me, so I'll pass it up to the peeps who know about those matters. :)

Tzakol

Oct 18, 2000
First off, I'd just like to give you some indications of the amount of time we had to test this .. about a week .. about the time we spent on it, testing, not playing ... about 6 hrs a day per new release candidate, so, pretty much all of our off time from RL was taken up with this.

deck

I want to make some serious comments here. First FIRE your beta testers, they suck. I cant believe you released this.

If you want to make serious comments, please include the associated issues with some method of recreating them. Not all bugs can be caught. In the amount of time we had to catch them.

This has not been recreated in test situation, so I am not sure why you are getting this.

Then the M16 again, sometimes, ID say 20% of the time on a new map r when just joining I get a blacked out rectilcle where the scope would be if I was using it. That never happened before, I use a geforce and I have heard other people of complaing about too.

Again, what geforce are you using, if we don't know what hardware is causing it, we can't possibly fix it. And, I will add, we have limited resources, we use the equipement that we have. And I personally don't have the money to put together 3 or 4 systems to test each senario.

The distant sounds I would to turn off, for combat, It is distracting in a match. I would like to know what if any ini file i can edit to turn that off. It also has a major impact on moist servers just something else to keep track of.

If you where in the middle of a firefight, in the spirit of real world simulations, would not the noise around you be somewhat ovewhelming. And the enemy nor your comrads in arms, are going to care, that it distracts you.

I hope you guys take your time in the future, I mean if you want release new weapons into the game, as a seperate update, and release patches as fixes. This is the worst release yet as far as im concerend because the game flows like ****.

We do what we can.

Cpt. Cypher

The leaning bug being the obvious one. It is proven that it does not work on the General Forums with pictures of it. And this is one of the big bugs you guys were fixing so you think the testers would have noticed that.

We had noted and recommended to the release team, not to release it with leaning enabled.

To all others that posted positive feedback, thanks for your support.

To those that added the issues set forward in this post, I have addressed them to the best of my knowledge, and, they are not being overlooked.

Thanks

[SOB]Tzakol

Last edited:

DaddyBone

Infiltration Team
Jul 24, 1999
Boulder, CO, USA
www.sobservers.com
Ok, two further things:

1) The black circle in the scope effect: people have reported this BEFORE this patch, it is a videocard problem. NOTHING was changed in this release that would affect ANY scoped weapon that was previously in the game.

2) Performance loss? Yup. THis comes down to a choice. Would you prefer to have the invisibility bug fixed- or better performance. Its really that simple. In order to fix the invisibility bug, you have to tell UT to ignore 'line-of-site-only' reporting of people's positions to other people. What this means is that servers take a HUGE performance hit as they report information to everyone about people not even visible to them. And the client takes the hit as the server tells them more information than they need to know! Unfortunately thats the way it HAS to be with the way UT is coded. So, there is a clear choice. If the community doen't mind the 'invisiblity bug', we can remove the fix (which will also permanently remove the ability to lean), and performance will definately go up for clients and servers.

deck

Jan 23, 2001
Heres some more

I really dont care if people think im abrassive. I have supported INF for about 2 years now, and I have come to expect great things from this mod. So heres some more bugs and these bugs I report are from more than 2 people with similar systems.

Just for starters the systems all run Geforce VID cards. I am running a 256, and others are a G2 and G3.
As far as the M16 bug here it is again.

M16/203 Fire all nades so that you are empty. Keep your weapon still in the 203 mode, and switch weapon by selecting it, I choose a shotgun, (not quick action) when you try to go back to the M16, you get an error out of ammo, and connot select it.

I need to get a shot a shot of the bug of the M16 scope bug its rather unique, but if you bring it up to your view you cannot see through, it looks like a black circle in yor view.

As far as sound, I have disbled 3d sound, and that helped the performance greatly. Even though I have 3D live Pro. Never had an issue with it.

The end of the round where you still have live people and the round ends, just stops, everyones weapons dissappear, and you are stuck just looking at each other. If you need more explanation. Ill try to be more discriptive.

Now to add one more thing. I dont really care when you release new versions. I have enjoyed myself immensely with this great software, I also would expect that this software be tested alot better. If it means getting more people involved, then do it. Either way, the release that is out, is crappy. This shouldnt have been released as far as im concerned, and this is where Im voicing it. Hopefully youll take this serious and make sure you have a quality product when you release. As far as my box being whacked though, well, I really dont think so. Nice comeback though.

later