Epic Store Opens

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Epic Games has announced the launch of its storefront, appropriately named the "Epic Store". All manner of merchandise is available for purchase as long as you aren't looking for anything that starts with "Un" and ends with "real".

Editorializing here for a moment, I find that to be quite shocking. I mean, even Jazz Jackrabbit gets a spot. No mention of the Unreal/Tournament games for sale on Steam - nada. In the press release there is a mention that the store will continually grow and new stuff will be added, but color me Blue (not red!) if our beloved franchise doesn't get some love.

Edit: I found a rather demure-looking "Ultrakill" T-Shirt. Okay, okay so that's a start. I'm still surprised, with the rich history and artwork readily available, that the series isn't featured more proudly.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Really shame, but somewhat expected.
Looks like one U-logo t-shirt has accidentally lost there.

Neon_Knight

Mar 2, 2009
Argentina
Considering all the pieces of flak Epic received with every Unreal released so far (except, perhaps, the first Tournament and the first Unreal) I'm not surprised.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Where's a new Jazz game

Considering all the pieces of flak Epic received with every Unreal released so far (except, perhaps, the first Tournament and the first Unreal) I'm not surprised.

First Unreal received heavy flak for the poor network. Epic Flameboards.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
All of a sudden my Infinity Blade / Unreal Engine / UDK shirts feel less valuable.

More seriously though, there's not a lot on there yet - you can get more Gears merch through the MS Games shirt store :/

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Isn't this a bit late?

Steam has had some of their titles for quite a while anyway and Epic has nothing new to sell. Unreal titles may have received flak but they were a major revenue stream for Epic and have been available on-line for years now.

Why bother unless they want a dedicated store front for some type of DLC expansions?

This, happening now, smacks of some type of financial or market desperation to catch up.

Epic really seem to have been without direction for quite some time now........

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Isn't this a bit late?

Steam has had some of their titles for quite a while anyway and Epic has nothing new to sell. Unreal titles may have received flak but they were a major revenue stream for Epic and have been available on-line for years now.

Why bother unless they want a dedicated store front for some type of DLC expansions?

This, happening now, smacks of some type of financial or market desperation to catch up.

Epic really seem to have been without direction for quite some time now........

To me it looks distinctly like a preliminary deployment to work out the kinks of a new system(given the way Epic does their Beta testing), either for digital distro or a cash shop system. Perhaps for that mmo they hinted at several years back... WOG/WOU/WOJJ anyone?

Edit:The ALT= for the Unreal Engine button is Unreal Tournament. But yeah. :/ 1 T-shirt wooo.

Last edited:

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Edit: I found a rather demure-looking "Ultrakill" T-Shirt. Okay, okay so that's a start. I'm still surprised, with the rich history and artwork readily available, that the series isn't featured more proudly.

If people buy them I'm sure they'll make more. :)

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
What amazes me isn't the lack of Unreal related goodness, it's the fact that people actually buy this crap.

Buy-Nothing-Day1-580x325.jpg

;)

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
If people buy them I'm sure they'll make more. :)

We also want "BOOM!" and "MEDIC!!" tees. Well, I want them.

Edit:/ And lest we forget, I want one of those kickass "Gorgeous Gorge" t-shirts from the UT2003 intro.

Last edited:

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
Postage was $12 to the UK, so that makes almost no sense.

Ah, there's a $12.13 option now. When I checked there was only priority mail, not first class mail. The difference between priority and first class USPS is insane $20 for an estimated shipping difference of 1 week (at least for most of Europe).
Adding a second items add $4 shipping.

Anyway, it's more affordable now.